Levy for non uk registered hgvs

Hi,

I was asked by someone I know in Belgium if they would have to pay the Hgv levy charge for an M series 5 ton they are bring over and driving on UK roads. The website says all hgv of 12 ton and over on their revenue weight have to pay.

I called the dvla and vosa which enforce it and 5 phone numbers later I finally got the right contact number which is 0330 101 3725! This is Hgv levy section, even has it in different languages, the guy I spoke to said they have never been asked the question before about collector/vintage HGVs. He said he would get back to me (I thought this was a get rid of me answer but called back in 5 minutes!) if the vechile is not licensed / registered as a goods vehicle in its home registered country and is not carrying goods for sale it does not have to pay the charge.

Guess this is only of interest to non uk military vechile owners coming over to UK.

Hope this helps someone.

Mark

Hi,

I was asked by someone I know in Belgium if they would have to pay the Hgv levy charge for an M series 5 ton they are bring over and driving on UK roads. The website says all hgv of 12 ton and over on their revenue weight have to pay

Mark

Not very fair on some of the traders like Wildenburg and exhibitors who bring large loaded HGV's over and have to pay the levy to drive a mile from Eurotunnel to the War & Peace showground

Edited by Nick Johns