Sankey Trailer brake parts Help please

Could anybody let me know where I can get 2 brake expanders (cylinders) and a set of brakes shoes for my narrow track Sankey Trailer with rod operated drum brakes ?

I've tried the like of Marcus Glenn and a couple of other places I found on the web but nobody seems to have any ideas, any leads would be welcome.

Tony

Thanks, I rang Nigel at Past Parts, very, very helpful, he didn’t have any but took the time to ring around and came back to me.

He did find a ‘Military Parts supply contact’ who has a pair but wants £320 + VAT which is a real mickey take, most likely it’s one of usual parts suppliers who bought them in a job lot from the MOD for about a £1 each and is now trying to cash in, so the hunt continues.

However if I ever get stuck again in the future I will try Past Parts as I don’t think it was him who was making the money as he was more shocked about the price than me.

Tony

No he's not able to rebuild them unfortunately.

David

No not the right ones, those are hydraulic ones and mine is the older pull rod brakes with a manual rod stuck out of the back, thanks for sending the link though.

A bit more digging around and found out they are Girling and the their part number is GB42705, I can also cross reference that to a military part number NSN 2530994004758. Therefore it is likely that they fit a civilian trailer from the 60's or 70's and were standard-ish Girling part but I can't find anybody who has them.

There was one on ebay a while back for £20 which is much more like it price wise.

You are right although they are seized I could free them off but I have a stud which secures it to the back plate broken and they are pressed in so I need to sourced at least 1 if not 2 (I haven't dare look at the other side yet !!!)

I guess in another few years when there is a demand as they all break (there must be hundreds of Sankey trailers out there) they will be made again like Jeeps parts and be easy to get !!!!!:cry:

Trevor

Yes, they are the ones on X-MOD but still an eyewatering price at £280 for a pair and could well be where PastParts were trying to get them from I guess ?

The AC site shows the same set up but there are different sizes that Girling seemed to make, the Sankey Trailer one are 10 inch by 1 3/4 inch brakes and the AC ones seem to be larger so the expanders maybe different.