Tiger tiger tiger....on the prowl!!!

Hoseman

The Tiger was built, at great expense I'm sure, for a movie company that was making a WW2 movie and wanted a exact copy of a Tiger tank.

The builders used a Kamaz truck engine (not 100% sure of the engine make, though) for propulsion.

The copy Tiger is amazing in all its detail. I'm sure they could build more and sell in the west.

One of these Tiger copies would look so much better than the T34/T55 based ones we've seen in pictures from "Kelly's Heroes" (T34 based) to "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Brothers" (T55 based)

This one was apparently used in Band of Brothers, is based on a T55, and was photographed at Arsenalen, the Swedish armor museum in Strängnäs, where it was exhibited. The private owner lives in Sweden

Tiger-replica-T55-based-Arsenalen_MG_8209.jpg

Goran N

That Tiger in Sweden was not used in Band of Brothers, it was built for a series that never went beyond the pilot. It is on a T55 chassis and the turret is built on an Abbot turret and ring.

Isn't the BoB one at Duxford? Made from wood mostly and covered!! Been up close to it and looks bloody good.

Thanks Adrian. I stand corrected.

I had a look at the "Ersatz" Tiger at Arsenalen and there's quite a distance from the drivers seat down to where the Tiger's vision slot is. Must be over a meter! A bit like trying to drive a 50 ton tank sitting 1-1,5 meters away from the mailbox slot opening. You cannot see more than a thin sliver of whats ahead of you. Scary!

Goran N

Isn't the BoB one at Duxford? Made from wood mostly and covered!! Been up close to it and looks bloody good.

The Duxford 'Tiger' is the one from Shaving Ryan's Privates, apparently - a reasonable effort, but I'd much rather have the Russian one... :)

IWM Duxford 'Tiger', 11th November 2012 (1).jpg

IWM Duxford 'Tiger', 11th November 2012 (2).jpg

The very good Tiger 1 replica was built for a Russian movie which I think was called 'White Tiger', I watched it on youtube and only saw a shoddy Tiger 1 pastiche in shot, I later read that the really very good Tiger 1 replica was never used in the film, so it was built for nothing!

The Duxford 'Tiger' is the one from Shaving Ryan's Privates, apparently - a reasonable effort, but I'd much rather have the Russian one... :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93792[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93791[/ATTACH]

Yep, that's the one I meant!!! Think I've seen White Tiger, sure it was on movie tho!!!

The very good Tiger 1 replica was built for a Russian movie which I think was called 'White Tiger', I watched it on youtube and only saw a shoddy Tiger 1 pastiche in shot, I later read that the really very good Tiger 1 replica was never used in the film, so it was built for nothing!

I watched the film and although the Tiger looked good it wasn't a perfect replica.