Witham Auction / Tender July 2014

PDonovan

The "Seriously big digger" is a Michigan 275 from the look of it.

We had about 6 of them in our Squadron for Airfield repair.

An SMG dropped from the cab and run over by one of the tyres comes out looking rather flat.

The TA unit I was in later had a bigger better version the TEREX 72-71

I once loaded a class 2 tipper with clay in one bucket.

TEREX 72-71 RAF Leeming.JPG

Michigan 275 Bruggen 1981.jpg

The "Seriously big digger" is a Michigan 275 from the look of it.

We had about 6 of them in our Squadron for Airfield repair.

I had to part a Michigan 275 once to renew the centre pivot pin and bushes. No mean task .... the pin was six inches diameter. The loader had been working in the Falklands straight after the war, loading the rock crusher to repair the old airfield (so I was told). Some years previous I fitted a brand new Cummins engine in it.

Just curious as been watching the clock tick down on the tender all day as had a confirmed bid in on something.

But now after the time everything in the website i.e. current bid, unsuccessful bid is blank...... is this normal? Also didn't get any notifications:

Notification that you have been outbid

Confirmation that you have won/lost an auction/tender.

Notification of new items listed on the website based on your bidding preferences

Last time I bought anything it was before the new version of the website, so curious if they update later or its fffffffffff as last time, way back in 2008 they sent an email, fairly quickly

Edited by fesm_ndt

As Chris says you'll get a phone call and email. I find it normally takes them a day or two to get in touch so don't give up hope just yet! If you think how many lots/bidders there are in the average tender it must take a while to work their way through the list.

Results are then posted in the tender results section of the website a few weeks later so if you didn't win you'll be able to see what your lot did sell for.

http://www.mod-sales.com/information/27/Previous_Tender_Results.htm

James

There are also paper tenders faxed in, so it's not all electronic, they have to see if any of the paper bids out bid the electronic ones, must be a right pain. As previously stated you generally get a call in the next couple of days.

Mike

Unless they have fixed it this year, the other annoying thing is that the list of successful bids, when it comes, has only the lot number and price, but the catalog is lost and gone from the website on closing day. So if you didn't actually bid, or at least note the lot numbers of items interesting to you, there is no way to use the prices as a guide to what things are worth. If I remember I usually save a pdf of the catalog for that reason !

Iain

Yep all different to the last time, but as said that was ages ago. The two things I never saw this time was:

- bid too low notification (I had that once although guide price was zero)

- been outbid before and got a notification

Anyway here's to hoping as typically I found them ok to deal with the few times i bought stuff

Has anyone got a copy of the latest tender, I forgot to download it?

Do they still offer the facility of being able to buy one of a number of identical items should your bid be the highest for any in the group?

Mike, only got hard copy, what lots do you want to know ? As far as I am aware there has never been an "option on" additional lots on the Witham tender.

PS we need your help on the S26 thread !

Mike, only got hard copy, what lots do you want to know ? As far as I am aware there has never been an "option on" additional lots on the Witham tender.

PS we need your help on the S26 thread !

The two Foden recoveries and the reconditioned Foden axles please.