Visitor required

rosie

Many of you know I work in a preschool with 3-4 year olds. During the school holidays the setting turns into a holiday club and during these times different activities are put in. My boss has asked me if I could get hold of "an army man and a tank"!

It's always nice to have different people come into the setting to chat with the children, at the moment we have a paramedic, a vet and a dentist. All it would involve is someone to pop in and chat to the children for 30-60 mins about being in the army with a vehicle which the children could look around.

Is there anyone in here who could help in this or does anyone have details of someone I could get hold of?

Edit:-

Sorry I'm near Portsmouth!!!!! (Horndean)

C'mon guy's help Rosie out here, I've done this on several occasions for local schools and found it to be very rewarding.

I was surprised the first time I did it how interested the children were and they ask some very astute questions.

Rosie, I hope somebody will help you out, if I was nearer I'd be there like a shot.

Many of you know I work in a preschool with 3-4 year olds. During the school holidays the setting turns into a holiday club and during these times different activities are put in. My boss has asked me if I could get hold of "an army man and a tank"!

It's always nice to have different people come into the setting to chat with the children, at the moment we have a paramedic, a vet and a dentist. All it would involve is someone to pop in and chat to the children for 30-60 mins about being in the army with a vehicle which the children could look around.

Is there anyone in here who could help in this or does anyone have details of someone I could get hold of?

Edit:-

Sorry I'm near Portsmouth!!!!! (Horndean)

Can't the Royal Marines (in Southsea) provide something? The armed forces used to do school visits regularly, we had a Wessex helicopter!

jh

Can't the Royal Marines (in Southsea) provide something? The armed forces used to do school visits regularly, we had a Wessex helicopter!

jh

Hmmmm good thinking. Will contact them. Not sure we have enough room for a helicopter!!!!

C'mon guy's help Rosie out here, I've done this on several occasions for local schools and found it to be very rewarding.

I was surprised the first time I did it how interested the children were and they ask some very astute questions.

Rosie, I hope somebody will help you out, if I was nearer I'd be there like a shot.

Thanks Degs xxxxxxxxxx

When I was in the TA at RAF Leeming at the station open days. We did this sort of thing but for all the visitors.

The visitors could have a look at any of the kit the RAF could put together but it was a case of don't touch this Don't touch that etc.

When they came to our stuff, big heavy dirty plants of plant and tippers, the kids started off scared to touch anything until we said you can pull, push bang anything you want to. If we can't break it you won't.

The kids loved it.

Would I do it again, Yes like a shot.

Only trouble is too far from you Rosie.

I am in Southampton. I lived on CVR(T), etc for seven years. I can do the talk (every time I visit Bovvy I do the tour guide thing for the people I go with). My company are very hot on Give-Back (tomorrow and Friday I am a school host for our annual Primary Schools Xplore IT event), so I don't see a problem getting time off in school time. Shame I haven't got a tank to show your students round.