Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: combat dealers on now chan 167 quest channel

Default Re: combat dealers on now chan 167 quest channel

Just been watching the latest episode, where Bruce was in Australia to deliver the Hetzer to the museum in Cairns. He also visited one of the HMVF forum members if I am not mistaken. Tim, who has a Ferret, took Bruce to see the remains of some of the WW2 coastal defences in a remote area of North Queensland.
    Richard Farrant

1943 Bedford QLD - 1941 BSA WM20 - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk.2
    MVT no. 1087 - IMPS no. 57 - AMVCS hon. member and Comms. officer
    KVE President and Newsletter Editor

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I some cool news coming from Bruce soon - have to keep a lid on it for now but one hell of a find
    WHY, do you do this to us?

I liked S1, I think he's quite a character and his passion for collecting shows. I will teli S2 ASAP

dam, by catch-up I guess they mean only the most recent stuff. Looks like S2-E1 is already no longer available.

I enjoy the programme, like all TV it is made to appeal to all not just us hardened "green" freaks as such it has to be scripted and simple to follow. However anything that promotes our hobby and shows it in a positive light is good surely ? Bruce and his team are characters and the world needs characters Good luck to them and if Bruce reads this, any chance of a guided tour of your collection ?

Quote Originally Posted by earlymb View Post
    Also on DailyMotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30...chtripper_auto
    This uploader also has all the other episodes.
    thanks for that, much better than You-tube.

Episode 3 was interesting to say the least, did not expect to see the Tiger 1 parts that were for sale in Czech Rep. At the time of filming , they were not for sale, but were on Milweb a few months ago.
    Is it safe to assume "the twins" now have a new and monumental project on their hands? At any rate, the stuff popping up now is pretty amazing, those pak 40's lined up in Finland were quite the sight. I was surprised that guy let the Stuk 40 /L48 go for as low as it did.

the really funny part about this show is how they make a pile of rusted parts, that eventually turn into a running motorbike, seem like something you do in a weeks time.
    I'm sure that actually seems plausible to a person who doesn't know which end of a screw-driver to grab.

I have mixed feelings on the show. On the hand I like it because of the items that come up on the show that I would otherwise not be able to see. On the other it's getting past Bruce's accent, I originate from south London and have been around quite a bit of it. Is this really his way or is it just a show for the camera's. Just seems to put on to me. Would also like to know exactly long some of these restorations take. But the show does highlight some truly fascinating stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DFC1943Fl.Lt. View Post
    I have mixed feelings on the show. On the hand I like it because of the items that come up on the show that I would otherwise not be able to see. On the other it's getting past Bruce's accent, I originate from south London and have been around quite a bit of it. Is this really his way or is it just a show for the camera's. Just seems to put on to me. Would also like to know exactly long some of these restorations take. But the show does highlight some truly fascinating stuff.
    This is exactly how he is in real life.
    Last edited by earlymb; 22-08-2015 at 21:09.
    Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.

The sale of the Hetzer, I must have missed the bit where he tells the audience how much he paid for it and the massive price he sold it for. Can anyone enlighten me?

Neither were mentioned, I think a clause in the contract.

On the Axis Track Services website are photo's of the restoration of this Hetzer (and other vehicles).

http://www.axistrackservices.com/
    Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Whittingham warrior View Post
    The sale of the Hetzer, I must have missed the bit where he tells the audience how much he paid for it and the massive price he sold it for. Can anyone enlighten me?
    both in S1 and I think in S2 the term "half million quid" is used in talking about the value of the real, war-time Hetzers , (as opposed to Swiss G13's).
    However to me that sounds unreasonably low, I would expect 3 to 4 times that much, or more. Any running war time panzer is in the millions.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information