combat dealers on now chan 167 quest channel

griff66

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you, it says 7 days left to view in left corner, and then a black screen with "no videos available at this time". So must be a region code problem. Dammed broadcasting syndicate :cry: If I was a super computer whiz i could probably fake my IP or whatever, but i'm not

C'MON DVD release !

The main problem with that is: the wider audience think we are all as mad as 'fruitcakes' and we behave like the characters portrayed in Combat Dealers .

As one of the fruitcakes on this show, can you provide more detail on what you actually mean by this diagnosis? Ive been called a lot of things, but this is a first for me. Its called entertainment. Bruce is keen to keep the dialogue free flowing and have a laugh. If I was to look coldly into the camera and state 'This is a Ferret, there are many like it, but this one is mine' 'This is a saracen, there are many like it, but this one is mine' ect ect, would get rather boring. Adding a bit of colour and fruitcakeness makes it more interesting.

thank you, it says 7 days left to view in left corner, and then a black screen with "no videos available at this time". So must be a region code problem. Dammed broadcasting syndicate :cry: If I was a super computer whiz i could probably fake my IP or whatever, but i'm not

C'MON DVD release !

Unfortunately the same for me, the past seasons were posted in good quality on Dailymotion but only season 1 is still there now.

If anyone has a working video on the link that Richard posted above and uses Firefox, I know a way to easily save and share the episode without putting it out in the open.

As one of the fruitcakes on this show, can you provide more detail on what you actually mean by this diagnosis? Ive been called a lot of things, but this is a first for me. Its called entertainment. Bruce is keen to keep the dialogue free flowing and have a laugh. If I was to look coldly into the camera and state 'This is a Ferret, there are many like it, but this one is mine' 'This is a saracen, there are many like it, but this one is mine' ect ect, would get rather boring. Adding a bit of colour and fruitcakeness makes it more interesting.

Shooting up an old caravan with a machine gun ! Is that what the military vehicle restoring fraternity is about ! The more intelligent members of the public see that kind of behaviour as reckless and puerile to say the least. Some viewers of that show are naive enough to get the impression that we MV restorers are shooting up caravans at MV shows and that we are gun crazy .

Shooting up an old caravan with a machine gun ! Is that what the military vehicle restoring fraternity is about ! The more intelligent members of the public see that kind of behaviour as reckless and puerile to say the least. Some viewers of that show are naive enough to get the impression that we MV restorers are shooting up caravans at MV shows and that we are gun crazy .

Shooting up caravans is one thing, but here in the UK there a bit of caravan joke thing going on (drivers don't being stuck behind them), but the public to do like to see a good battle with loud gunfire and explosions, and then there is the good old fashioned car crushing in the arena, which I think is very popular amongst the paying public at MV shows.

I didn't shoot up any caravans while appearing on Combat Dealers, but I did recklessly operate a registered motor vehicle on a public thoroughfare, while permitting two unrestrained passengers to stand on the back of the vehicle. This was done in flagrant disregard for the standing state laws. This is a clear indication of my fruitcakeness and I am clearly bringing our fraternity into disrepute. Common mate, seriously, when I was in the Australian Army, we got an Iroquois helicopter to lift an old commercial car, to about 300 feet and then dropped it in front of a cheering crowd. I spent 7 years in the regular army and never once saw the operational need to drop a civilian motor vehicle at great height. It was done merely for the viewing pleasure of the watching crowd. It served absolutely no purpose, other than to create a bit of excitement in the crowd. Had I done a survey amongst the crowd, Im sure everyone would have understood that the military doesn't typically fly around destroying civilian vehicles by randomly attaching them to helicopters and dropping them in fields. It was simply done for fun. See attached footage of fruitcake officers of the Royal NZ Airforce being fruitcakes.

watched secrets and spies last night, much fun as usual. Pretty sure the Panzerschrek fired at the end is not the one from the electrolysis dip, but it's a TV show right :-)

Tim, it's now Season 3, show is more popular than ever. S4 is deal done and 14 episodes scheduled. Sure doesn't seem like any criticism at this point even matters?

About the only really bad thing about this show, and it's a big one, if your a true collector/buyer your purchase prices are going up proportional to popularity. Get your Panzers while the gettin's good :-D

Anyone know who the Italian collector in S3E1 was? They said his name was Maro(?) but they don't credit anyone at the end. I'm searching for an item and looking at his collection he might have one or know where to find one.

Thanks, Tom

Btw, it's no longer on daily motion but I found it on Youtube:

Edited by Tapper02

I'm not actually sure the PIAT and Panzerschrek fired live rounds, as the explosions appeared after there was a cut in the film, so you never saw the projectile actually enter the target.
they did some similar stuff in season 1 and/or 2 . I asked if it was a good idea to just stand around , with no cover, while firing battlefield weapons and folks here seemed sure it was just pyrotechnics.

I don't know one way or the other, but like you pointed out the scenes are spliced. The projectiles launched likely duds. Boat and car appeared rigged with some kind of device + adhesive , but it's a TV show, no point in someone getting killed just to film an episode . Personally, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near 70 year old live munitions

PIAT.JPG

panzerschrek..JPG

Despite all the quality entertainment that Combat Dealers is, the fact that there was a Panther tank in the workshop seemed to have been ignored by the various characters. Last year in a model makers' magazine there was a photographic feature on the Panther and it was reported that vehicle is being restored to be exported to Australia to join 'the only Hetzer in Australia', another scoop missed by CMV?

yup, as with S1 & 2 , you'll see the episodes are aired out of order. So even though the Panther is visible now it won't "arrive" at the farm till later in the series. I Can't blame Bruce for this , he's not the producer .

The progress of this restoration for AAAM is posted on their FB page

Saw part of episode 2 today and was tickled to see a smaller version of my turn-master 17" x 60" engine lathe.

Edited by draganm

Episode 2 was a bit of a snoozer, traveling all the way to Russia for 2 hats and a Sdkfz 251 clone chassis? Some funny parts though and maybe more interesting if your into firearms

Hi the lathe looked like a Colchester ,may be a Colchester student quite popular in the U.K.

right you are.

I didn't know this until today , but after a quick search turns out my Turnmaster (sold by Lagun machine tools) is apparently a Colchester clone, or the what is today Clausing Colchester Harris. Almost most certainly made in Taiwan , which sucks, but it's been a solid machine , is 30 years old now, and most importantly they still support it with replacement parts.

yup, as with S1 & 2 , you'll see the episodes are aired out of order. So even though the Panther is visible now it won't "arrive" at the farm till later in the series. I Can't blame Bruce for this , he's not the producer .

That is exactly the case. :-)