Wartime in the Vale 21 & 22 June 2014, Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham

Hi Chaps,

Better late than never, so apols for the delay.

Show seems to be running like clockwork so far (but still takes up much of my time & life!) with most people registering online & there's still plenty of time, so if you would like to come then please register on http://ashdowncamp.webs.com/onlinevehiclereg.htm

Currently have 323 mv's booked, so thank you to those from here. I think we are slightly down on this time last year possibly due to the "Normandy effect", but more trickling in every day so we won't too far off our target of 400.

Includes 14 tracked vehicles so thats certainly up on previous & might have a few more.

And still have some budget left for contribution towards costs of low loaders etc.

WW1 Vehicles - As expected these are hard to find but we have at least 3 vehicles to include that 1916 Albion again.

Aircraft - BBMF Spitfire & Hurricane confirmed for both days

Gloster Meteor on the Saturday &

Auster spotter on the Sunday.

A few new things to look at around the camp & about 500 re-enactors with their displays around the field. The Garrision will also be returning & hoping they will be doing their night time display with the 150cm Searchlight (tbc).

Location: Ashdown Camp, Ashdown Farm, Badsey, Nr Evesham WR11 7PA

And of course a big thank you to our main sponsor Cherished Vehicle Inusrance who will also be at the show if you want to have a chat with them.

cheers

Paul

Just a quick update to let you know the Groups that are attending & to say that I will be emailing & posting vehicle entry numbers over the next few days:

2nd Battalion Glosters

7th Armoured Desert Rats

29thDiv "The Bedford Boys"

39-45 Soceity

53rd FS Operations Northern Forties

85th Gebirgs, 39-45 LHS

185 Brigade, WW2 British Infantry

Allied Assortment

ATS Recruitment

C Troop Re-enactment

Com Ops Nato Forces

Dog Company29th MP's

Forever Forties

GD Aufklarungs

Home Front Hereos

Kompanie 1

KSK

Leicester Home Guard

Mon 202

The Garrison with 18 & 25 pdr artillery guns & possibly 150cm searchlight

Museum on the Move

Ninth Company

Tommy Atkins Society

Up the Jungle

US 2nd Infantry Division

Viet re-enactors

WW2 RAF Group

Yanks Living History Group

Edited by Papav66
line spacing

Hi Gareth,

Great, though I don't appear to have an entry, but not a problem, is that for the 101? As I have details for last year & can include in list, cheers P

I'm coming along. ..just got to finish painting the truck, as she's in red primer.....bloody weather! !!

Hi pava66.....I was informed via email that I was to be booked in with my 101 and the reo....I've resent this recopied the email back to the sender asking what's going on?. It's a good job you said as I wouldn't have been happy taking friday off to drive up haha.

Up to 370 mv's & counting.

Nice mix of tracked vehicles, 16 so far & that of course includes The Rugged Robin.

Still a little left in the kitty to contribute to low loaders.

Layout similar to last year as per attached pic.

Slide1.jpg

Some great news folks!

First of all the weather forecast is looking good for the rest of the week & weekend, so we have one more aircraft, a hot air balloon so we can have an aerial photograph of us all on the Saturday evening, but just hope the wind stays low.

And now for the really good news... drum roll please...

Its taken 18 months to get this vehicle out of the US and its now going to be making its debut at our show. It finally arrived at Southampton docks a couple of weeks ago but then found it had a brake problem, but got the call 5 mins ago to say its all good to go. So its really made my day to say that we will be having an LVT Water Buffalo & I can't wait to see it.

cheers

Paul

Some great news folks!

First of all the weather forecast is looking good for the rest of the week & weekend, so we have one more aircraft, a hot air balloon so we can have an aerial photograph of us all on the Saturday evening, but just hope the wind stays low.

And now for the really good news... drum roll please...

Its taken 18 months to get this vehicle out of the US and its now going to be making its debut at our show. It finally arrived at Southampton docks a couple of weeks ago but then found it had a brake problem, but got the call 5 mins ago to say its all good to go. So its really made my day to say that we will be having an LVT Water Buffalo & I can't wait to see it.

cheers

Paul

Looking forward to seeing the Buffalo.

RB all sorted and the champ is ready on the trailer. Should see you early Thursday evening all being well.

Good news our loadlowder should be arriving early evening on friday is there any problem if I arrive earler I dont have any pass the owner has them I think!

Al

Hi Al,

Great, anytime Thu or Fri to suit you, cheers Paul

Hi All,

Mobilised last evening - lovely weather and ground conditions at the site (see image taken at 5am today). The warmth and humidity certainly made it a thirsty venture ! Getting the power and radio and systems into operation by this evening and looking forward to a mix of military vehicles and radios (+beer) for the next few days :-D

2014-06-19 05.08.20.jpg

Hopefully see some of you there,

Cheers

Steve 82

Edited by Steve 82

Good news our loadlowder should be arriving early evening on friday is there any problem if I arrive earler I dont have any pass the owner has them I think!

Al

The owner forgot to fill in the form so he has no passes either. I hope to pick them up on the day...........????????

By the way, I am cr*p at computers but creepily, I am sending this from my work email rather than the home one I use to post but the HMVF site knows it is me which is a bit Big Brother! How does it do that? Also how does facebook know who my ex partner from the early 1990's is to suggest we get in touch - there wasn't even an internet then!! I like things I can think about, not things that can think about me!

See you at wekend.

Just had to say a big thanks to Paul and the rest of the Ashdown team.

What a fantastic weekend, this show is one of the best by far.

Well organized every one really friendly.

If you haven't been to this show make a point of going next year, you

wont be disappointed.

Thanks again from the North Wales group.

Well worth the five hour drive.

Mal

My son and I had a great day Saturday as visitors.

Many thanks to Clive and Jeremy too, for their time and communication.

Also the champ boys, for info on single speed generators.

My aim is to have the Piggy there definitely next year.

It was a brilliant show, with amazing weather.

Well done everyone.