Wartime in the Vale 21 & 22 June 2014, Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham

Well thank you all so much for helping make this happen, it really was our best ever & of course the weather helped encourage all the toys to attend. And I'm very pleased to have received so many emails about the show.

Sadly, it was also a week of mixed emotions as Bob's wife Shirley James (landowners) passed away on Tuesday after a short battle with cancer, so that was really sad news, as she was instrumental in developing the camp with Bob, & her Home Front displays to include a 40's kitchen, dining & bedroom which are just great, so may she rest in peace.

Then the next call on the Tuesday was confirmation that the Buffalo could attend so that was pleasing to hear & transport was swiftly sorted. But later that day I visited my parents only to be told that my Father's cancer diagnosed only the week before is also terminal, so as you can imagine I've had a few moment this week & at other times the show was a pleasant distraction for both Bob & myself.

So I'll post some more when I can.

cheers Paul

Yes that was sobering news indeed Paul on both fronts that makes it difficult to carry on as one once did. But I suppose the work & organisation culminating at the weekend was some measure of distraction from the sad aspects of life. But I was glad to see you enjoying yourself driving around in that conveyance of Bernard's. :D

A massive shout out to Paul for organizing an out standing wartime in the vale show this year.

Well organized and run by all the officials, and the most fun for me was crushing a renault clio and rover 25 :-)

rover 25 crush.jpg

Let the good times roll again next year

Cheers

Nick

Yes that was sobering news indeed Paul on both fronts that makes it difficult to carry on as one once did. But I suppose the work & organisation culminating at the weekend was some measure of distraction from the sad aspects of life. But I was glad to see you enjoying yourself driving around in that conveyance of Bernard's. :D

Thank you Clive, & enjoyed chatting with you, its good to have the support of many friends. As for the Rugged One its great to see so many people smiling & laughing, there aren't many vehicles that can do that.

A massive shout out to Paul for organizing an out standing wartime in the vale show this year.

Well organized and run by all the officials, and the most fun for me was crushing a renault clio and rover 25 :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92681[/ATTACH]

Let the good times roll again next year

Cheers

Nick

Nick it was a pleasure to meet you & thanks for putting on an arena display, the East Bloc section looked really interesting.

For the Crush on Saturday I think the crowd liked it when the commentator asked for a gutsy tracked vehicle & I threatened the Clio with the Rugged One! That Rover painted as General Lee certainly deserved to be crushed.

cheers Paul

Hi paul

Thanks for a great show we hope to be back next year sorry for the delay, I have been away at bovington all week for tankfest hopfuly we may be able to bring something intresting next time.

Al