Land Rover Minerva 1953 (series 1) steel

my new project, many years ego, I wants buy series one, but very, very expensive vehicle...

But last year , have luck, and buy Land Rover Minerva, series one for Belgium,

I was very happy, all is steel, no aluminum, its good for my restoration.

Rover need work, but start and running, have power, its strog engine!

Project for hollyday in the summer.

Tom

P9260160.jpg

P9280165.jpg

P9280167.jpg

P9280172.jpg

PA100048.jpg

PA020012.jpg

Oh, its nice, thanks for interest!

number is 36635830 from dash board plate,

but doors is without Army numbers or unit markings.

I every think, Rover is aluminum,

but last year my bood fried buy one Minerva ane tell me, no, no, Minerva is all steel vehicle,

and I like this "news".

Own cats have new toy...

Tom

• 6 months later...
Oh, its nice, thanks for interest!

number is 36635830 from dash board plate,

but doors is without Army numbers or unit markings.

I every think, Rover is aluminum,

but last year my bood fried buy one Minerva ane tell me, no, no, Minerva is all steel vehicle,

and I like this "news".

Own cats have new toy...

Tom

Think about military version, but never see one picture military Rover series 1 or Minerva,

(not think SAS, desert or other special version)

mean 1950s era, yes with photos write "military" but where the weapon holders , shovels , pickaxes ?

And have one interesting vintage photo 100% Minerva, but with series one fenders(?)

Min18.jpg

Hi Tom,

Have a look on the Land Rover Series One Club Forum, www.lrsoc.com/forum . The guys on there will tell you everything you want to know about your Minerva. I've restored Series 1s for many years so I can probably help with questions about the mechanical parts.

Your cats look like one of ours who was killed by a car last week. We're in mourning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Many congratulations. It is great to see it on the road and looking so original. You will have to look out for a Tempo Land Rover now from the Bundesgrenzschutz. They are also very interesting and, as well as having a steel body, they have some special features, tip-up front seats, rifle stowage in the doors, lockers in the front wings...

All the best

10 68

Oh, this Tempo (Rover) I know only from photos

its interesting vehicle, but exist only few(?)

regards

Tom

I don't know, but I am sure there is someone on this forum who does! The black and white photos do make one look twice, sometimes, Germans in coal-scuttle helmets in... a Land Rover? Just like the Series 1 in Alexandria in 1941 (in th background of a British war film called "Ice cold in Alex"!

All the best

10 68

Some cracking photos there, Captain H! You have the one I was looking for - the overhead with the carbine buckets in the doors and the tip-up seats. I think they made a really good job of the Series 1 by making it more accessible. I have owned two Uaz 31512s (469s) and, although their construction is lighter than a Land Rover, the four doors made them very practical. I bought one in Pardubice!

10 68

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for interest, but I have orig. Minerva badge, but dont want have on my Minerva becouse have orig. Belgian workshop link photo- With Land Rover badge(!), , much mysterious is still about Minervas,

fo example not only 36 "SAS" modification, but 66 vehicles, etc., etc.

And I make restoration one more Minerva, in standard Belgium configuration, as para battalion , Congo 1960,

Tomf59704ad978c8629a6cd41eba6df78cd--land-rovers-montage.jpg.1dbd6822558242d3343dfc7a559923b8.jpg