International owner from rural New South Wales, Australia

G'day folks,

As a fairly recent entrant to the world of historic military vehicle ownership, I'm glad to meet the like-minded folk here. I've recently acquired this International K5, and have started bringing it back to a basically-military condition. First thing was a good wash, which showed the original paint to be relatively good, given its age.

The fun continues! Makes a change from my collecting focus of the last few years, Lee-Enfield rifles.

Cheers,

Matt

ddd.jpg

K5j.jpg

Hi Matt,

A good looking truck, and a nice find. Not sure if you are aware but the military vehicle event held every March at Corowa NSW, has a theme and for 2017 it is the Year of the International so make that a date for your diary. Plenty of time, no panic!

Our website is www.corowaswim-in.org

best regards,

Richard

Hi Matt,

A good looking truck, and a nice find. Not sure if you are aware but the military vehicle event held every March at Corowa NSW, has a theme and for 2017 it is the Year of the International so make that a date for your diary. Plenty of time, no panic!

Our website is www.corowaswim-in.org

best regards,

Richard

I'm going to have to make the effort to go to Corowa next year, although I doubt that I'll take the Saracen. I hear it's a good show.

Cheers,

Terry

I'm going to have to make the effort to go to Corowa next year, although I doubt that I'll take the Saracen. I hear it's a good show.

Cheers,

Terry

Hi Terry,

here is a link to the latest KVE newsletter from the organisers of Corowa Swim-In with full report of the event in March. Send me a PM with your email address and we will put you on the database for more information updates. You can still enter as a participant even if not bringing the Saracen.

http://corowaswim-in.org/docs/Corowa%20Newsletter%20May%202014.pdf

cheers Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

I've been following the news from Corowa over the last few years, and it'll be good to go there eventually. So, 2017 is my year then? Sounds about right, timewise!

I note that next year is the year of the emergency vehicle and the year of General Motors. If I can get the truck ready, I'll claim a connection, as the truck went through Fisherman's Bend, going by this plate, which was attached to the frame. I removed it, cleaned it up and have primed it for future use. So, if it gets me across the line next year, then that's two claims to fame for the old K-5!

Cheers,

Matt

Plate.jpg