Captured Armoured Cars and Other Vehicles in Wehrmacht Service

Rick W

width=615 height=800http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/rik242_2006/armored20cars20250606.jpg[/img]

47 Pages long. Not really what I was expecting, I was hoping for lots of decent photos in a good reference book. This is very poor considering the large subject that it could cover. A couple of pages on acquisitions from different countries, netherlands, Soviet Union, france, England etc. A couple of poor quality black and white photos to accompany each country. vehicles covered include Panhard, Dingo, Humbers, Marmon-Herrington.

Not good value for money, I think I could do better myself ! Who knows, maybe one day!

What a shame - this could be a brilliant subject. While pix aren't ten a penny it would seem to be the sort of book the likes of Tankograd would do well. I've seen snaps of Dingos in German service. They liked them. Hope this one didn't cost you too many pennies.

I think it's as important to hear about dodgy books as it is good stuff - so keep please posting reviews. I don't do technical books because I am a technophobe - so we need brains to cover this end of the market which is very important to this site. I thank you....MB

I'd seen this book a few times on ebay,......had considered getting it, but didn't;.............on the strenght of Ricks summary, I will NOT be, now.

As Snapper so rightly say's, the subject is possibly vast, and done properly, would make a good adition to most MV fans book case.

Re Tankograd publications, I've got their British trucks in Wehrmacht Service

and feel its worth the money I paid for it; (via e bay germany,...cheaper than I could get it in this country)

Andy

Whats the details of that book Andy, and contact details of seller?

Rick,

Take a look at ebay item 320068422605. I've dealt with this seller, and found his service is very good. I went surface mail posting, and was aware of the possible delay in delivery,............only to find it arrive on my doorstep 4 days later. Most Impressed.

Have ordered book on DUKW from him, and, again, great service recieved.

All the best,

Andy