A Good Heavy Duty 12/24v Battery Charger

Rover8FFR

Dear All

I am looking around for a good, but not cost the planet charger that would do 12 and 24v batteries.

I do have one of those Oxford battery conditioners / chargers, which are excellent but due to the way they work take days to charge a battery and even longer if they de-sulphate it first.

Also are those Solar ones any good for float charging a battery to ensure it's always at peak charge.

Thanks

Dear All

I am looking around for a good, but not cost the planet charger that would do 12 and 24v batteries.

I do have one of those Oxford battery conditioners / chargers, which are excellent but due to the way they work take days to charge a battery and even longer if they de-sulphate it first.

Also are those Solar ones any good for float charging a battery to ensure it's always at peak charge.

Thanks

try Machine Mart

The 12V/24V charger with boost start I bought in 1992 and its still going strong!!

Got one off the famous auction site

12/24v (20 amp boost) Maypole MP730S HD Battery Charger 100Ah-250Ah rated batteries.

Brand New and sealed in the box including free postage = £45.

I think that should sort the domestic and MT's out.

Happy Days.

Got one off the famous auction site

12/24v (20 amp boost) Maypole MP730S HD Battery Charger 100Ah-250Ah rated batteries.

Brand New and sealed in the box including free postage = £45.

I think that should sort the domestic and MT's out.

Happy Days.

Don't use it on something like a Hawker though, you'll knacker the battery.

Andy

Because they like a controlled charge in terms of voltage or current, and a non-intelligent charger won't provide that. This is what it says on the side of the battery:

IMG_1976aw.jpg

Hawker tell me that virtually all "faulty" batteries they've received have been damaged by incorrect charging.

Andy