Recent acquisitions

Edward53

Hi All

I've had a run of luck lately. I strongly suspect it's now run its course, but here's what's come out of it.

First, a mint unissued suit of OG 1960 pattern (the trousers are under the jacket). Both Size 8, final version.

DPM p 018.jpg

DPM p 016.jpg

Last one. This is not by any means mint, but in good sound condition with no damage, less faded than appears here, and the zip works. A strip of paper marked "21 SAS" was pinned inside with a safety pin that had rusted in and which I had to remove very carefully (had to do so as the smock was filthy and needed washing). It's now back in one of the pockets.

DPM p 008.jpg

DPM p 007.jpg

Thanks gents for the appreciative remarks. Like Steve, I prefer absolute bargains :laugh:, but if I stuck to those I’d have a very small collection. The 60 patts were about what seems to be current market price, the windproofs perhaps a bit under, though they are so rare it's hard to set a value and the very few to appear on ebay have made wildly fluctuating sums.

It would be nice now to find a green 63 patt, possibly even trousers, but judging from previous posts here that could be an uphill struggle.

Some really nice pieces,thanks for showing.Like Eaglehurst these items of kit are amongst my favourite pieces.I have 60 pattern dpm and og kit,but alas as yet no windproof.I would be honest and say even if I saw duplicates of what I have it would be nigh on impossible not to buy more,lol.