Austin K5 Cab tidy up.

Ian L

Hi Ian,

I still have a K% for sale up on milweb at the moment, looks like condition is porbably less rusty than yours !

Are you coming to Holland in September ?

Andy

Hi Andy every K5 out there is less rusty than mine :undecided: I did consider buying yours if it was better condition but the missing cab roof is a bit of a problem in the short term although one could be fabricated.

Holland yes mate, 5 of us are planning to take the K5 with water bowser & C8 with 20cwt trailer.:drive:

• 1 month later...

Looks really good Ian, and now the beach stencils?

My Bedford is almost ready, still have to change the engine oil and some camouflage on one side of the tarpaulin.

The Triumph 3hw had also some service but now I have to find a simple way to get it in to the rear cargo, it is high....:help:

Guy

Looks really good Ian, and now the beach stencils?

My Bedford is almost ready, still have to change the engine oil and some camouflage on one side of the tarpaulin.

The Triumph 3hw had also some service but now I have to find a simple way to get it in to the rear cargo, it is high....:help:

Guy

Thanks Guy, rain stopped play again yesterday & my next day off is Wednesday which is the day before we go to Normandy.

I still have the Stencils to apply, fit the copula, rear mud guard, Jerry can rack, engine service to finish & TEST DRIVE. no pressure then. :undecided:

• 1 year later...

She's been off the road since War & Peace last year with a unserviceable cylinder head & badly leaking water pump but thanks to John Walker who found a N.O.S head & valves and my mate Chris who gave me a N.O.S water pump she's up and running again today and looking great in MOWOG green, just in time for the final W&P.

Good job I decided to change all the fluids as the gearbox was full of water, due to a missing bolt on the top of the gearbox the rain water had run down the rear of the cab for the past 11 months and slowly filled the box with water.

DSC03150.JPG

DSC03147.JPG

DSC03146.JPG

DSC03151.JPG

Edited by Ian L

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

Could you tell me any information about your Austin? I would like add them to the Austin military lorry register.

Chassis No. Contract No. Vehicle No. year of manufacture and any history

Thanks Radek