Good News at The DVLA.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is becoming surreal :nut: I'll look forward to registering my MW using Swansea to compare with my past experiences with my "local" DVLA office at Worcester.

I am both ends of the spectrum with the DVLA, nearly six months to gain a V5c for a tractor and still waiting and under a week to register my Dodge WC 52. The tractor saga is on going and a complete pain in the ar5e I have filled in numerous forms, taken rubbings of the engine and frame numbers, and provided countless photographs all of which seem to either get swallowed in a black hole or lost "in the system". I have lost six months insurance and been without a working vehicle for that time also. My advice is follow Chris Brooks advice to the letter, take copies of everything, do not send original documents unless Chris tells you to, and send everything by Registered post. If you start having problems which if you follow the advice from Chris you shouldn't do, then complain loudly and get a persons name and department and stick with them if you just get a random advisor each time you will end up going round in circles. Good Luck :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Cautionary tale. I sent my paperwork off to he DVLA to register a Sabre over 6 weeks ago and heard nothing since. Called them yesterday to be told they don't have it. Fortunately I sent it recorded delivery and can prove it arrived.

There operator told me that as it was signed for hey will have to investigate its whereabouts.

So I strongly suggest you send yours recorded delivery

Wayne

I am both ends of the spectrum with the DVLA, nearly six months to gain a V5c for a tractor and still waiting and under a week to register my Dodge WC 52. The tractor saga is on going and a complete pain in the ar5e I have filled in numerous forms, taken rubbings of the engine and frame numbers, and provided countless photographs all of which seem to either get swallowed in a black hole or lost "in the system". I have lost six months insurance and been without a working vehicle for that time also. My advice is follow Chris Brooks advice to the letter, take copies of everything, do not send original documents unless Chris tells you to, and send everything by Registered post. If you start having problems which if you follow the advice from Chris you shouldn't do, then complain loudly and get a persons name and department and stick with them if you just get a random advisor each time you will end up going round in circles. Good Luck :-)

Update to the above saga, I received a third letter from DVLA asking for frame and engine number rubbings/photo's AGAIN as they had not received all three previous letters ???? As I sent recorded I knew they had so I'm afraid after 6 month's of this crap I had had enough and blew a gasket :mad: I asked to speak to a senior member of staff and was told they would ring me back which they did within the hour. Despite telling me 6 months earlier that basically my tractor was a "ringer" and neither of the numbers I supplied related to the registration number on the tractor when I bought it they had now realised that they did indeed match it was simply they were the wrong way round on THEIR records ie. The frame number was listed as the engine number and the engine number was down as the frame number ! I asked them to check this 6 months ago :mad: The woman involved apologised profusely but this does not compensate me for the six months of hassle, lack of use, loss of insurance and the strained relations between the chap who sold it to me and myself. All in all an absolute farce from start to finish, it seems things only get sorted at the DVLA if you shout long and hard. I bought this tractor without a V5c six months ago to do a job of work, despite me doing a HPI check and a DVLA search which both came up ok DVLA told me I had a cloned vehicle and basically I could lose it if it was proved to be stolen, I have nearly given up several times but this proves they can and DO get it wrong at Swansea so it pays to stand your ground.

• 1 month later...

Mmmmmm

Well the V5C has arrived for my Landrover Mk8 Toastie.

Declared manufactured in 1966, First Registered in 1974. It was given an N reg as a PLG vehicle.

I asked for the vehicle to be classified as a Historic vehicle, when I sought a new owner change, as it was manufactured in 1966.

They ignored my request completely. :mad::mad::mad:

What is the best was to ask for it to be changed, especially as they know it was made in Solihull in 1966.

Cheers