Ex RAF QL seen today in Lincolnshire

Welbourn

We should be able to start a " Compulsory Purchase" scheme for things like this, twenty plus years ago I enquired about a nice Frogeye Sprite that was sitting on someone's drive going green with mould, I was polite and merely asked if it was for sale for restoration, the owner threw a fit and told me to leave, I watched that lovely car turn to dust over the years until eventually it was shovelled up and taken for scrap, well what was left of it was. :-( Why do people do it ? :banghead:

we should be able to start a " compulsory purchase" scheme for things like this, twenty plus years ago i enquired about a nice frogeye sprite that was sitting on someone's drive going green with mould, i was polite and merely asked if it was for sale for restoration, the owner threw a fit and told me to leave, i watched that lovely car turn to dust over the years until eventually it was shovelled up and taken for scrap, well what was left of it was. :-( why do people do it ? :banghead:

Greed

Greed - an excessive desire to acquire or posses something material.

It could be argued the person asking to buy it is guilty of that! Private property is just that, you can't make somebody sell you their car or truck just because you think yourself a better custodian.

It's very frustrating, especially when you see it gradually falling apart but such is life.

I'm not aware if anything is for sale or not, but the fact that it is all still there suggests not. I was there with permission, returning with the daughter of a deceased ex USAAF pilot who flew C46/C47s from Folkingham with the 313th TCG post Normandy.

I agree it is a shame to see such stuff just rotting away, especially the QL!

The owner is a nice bloke who I got on very well with on my dealings with. He deals in heavy plant and all that stuff cost lots of dosh even if its knackered ( I have done also) I have bought hippo bits off him in the past and he couldn't do enough to help me. As somebody has stated "everything is for sale" but it will probably be quite dear. Worth enquiring about though because one persons idea of expensive could be different to somebody else's.