Scrap yard relics...

Jack

Right guys,

Here is the place to post up your finds from around the world, in scrap yards, in barns, in hedges, in fields.........or maybe in your own back yard!

This isn't is just about mv's it can be any related tools, trailers or even a pile of scrap, sorry I mean spares!

If you are not sure what they are then post here, someone is bound to know what it is.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't is just about mv's it can be any related tools, trailers or even a pile of scrap, sorry I mean spares!

Sorry no photos, but is anyone seriously interested in British "C" vehicles? For the uninitiated C Vehicles are Engineers Plant.

The items are all 1950-60 era laying in a yard and are as follows;

Marshall Gainsborough tractor wheeled loading shovel -very rough, for restoration.

Aveling Barford 4 wheeled grader - condition as above

Ruston Bucyrus 19RB tracked excavator - condition as above

Track Marshall TM70 crawler tractor - condition as above

Bedford RL map printing room body - cab and bodywork rough

None of these are for the faint hearted, but if genuinely interested, send me a PM.

Richard

Guest bigredone
Don,t suppose you know whats happening with the bedford? in the first picture :D

Still there as far as I know, it was only about a month or two back

Paul

Just up the road from me....They were all packed tightly together, so made it hard to get any decent shots......enjoy :)

That looks like some of Pounds stock. The Mowag and Ward La France wrecker appear to be ex-Swiss. The GMC with US markings looks familiar as I recognise it from rallies a few years ago.

Richard

• 1 month later...

Hi, just watched the Scrap heap challenge, and in the scape yard was a Saracen (without turret), and a Bedford RL Cargo, both were in good nick from the looks of them, had a look at the credits at the end but it did'nt say where it was.

• 2 weeks later...

The Saracen, I think, is a command vehicle with the raised roof - hence no turret.

Rumour control at work has it that this series is no longer actually filmed in a "for-real scrap yard" anymore due to the health and safety wet nurses, but in what is basically a seeded prop store. Also that the stuff on the workshops side of the bridge is untouchable (i.e. the Saracen and RL)

• 2 months later...

the site were it is filmed is Bramley camp it it just outside Basingstoke on the Reading road

between Chineham and Sherfield on Loddon (466500,157500 OS Grid Ref)

if i remember it used to be an Amunition store area ( brick buildings all over the place and a rail system linking all together).

Ian

I used to work in a metal yard in Essex, there were 3 jeep grills used as duck boards over a particularly muddy bit, and a Jimmy or GMC engine in its crate in a 20ft container, along with loads of other junk nuts and bolts, bits of folding bike, spanners, gas masks etc up at the far end away from Joe Public. on the roof of the container was a bomb crane for a Jimmy or Chev, rare as hens teeth apparently...Its still there, and its for sale if you ask.

Richard

The majority of it has gone in a clear out of the yard, but the crane is still there, and the engine which was a take out is, im sure, about somewhere. All the useful bits went to club members who needed stuff. I remember a few musette bags which had gone rotten and a german gas mask case used a a door prop! all binned I guess. old scrapyards just cant be that way anymore with all the health and safety stuff :cry:

I will try and find out definite’s on whats left

Richard.