Rare S3 109" Land Rover Found

robin craig

• 1 month later...

Just by way of an update.

The magazine arrived two weeks ago. Short article but interesting.

I have come to a stalemate with the owner, he wanted our 101 and I wasnt prepared to swap it for his.

He has been made aware what he has and not to bodge it up and cut holes in it, I have also been given first refusal on it.

Cash was not a motivator and what he wanted, a running Land Rover already restored was worth to much cash to go out and buy and give him to get this one.

A bit of a stalemate.

I will keep tabs on it and him and smother him with kindness for a while

R

• 3 years later...

As I have always said, truth is stranger than fiction.

I gave up with this guy and moved on to other projects.

Today I was in Princess Auto and bumped into a guy who looked familiar and very quickly I realised it was Carawagon man.

We chatted and he has moved on to Toyota Land Cruisers which is good for me as we decided I could help him with them if I bought the Carawagon. We discussed a price and he countered my offer by 500 dollars and gave me until the end of November for the agreed price.

So, here we go, now I have to cash in everything to buy it.

I am pumped, someone doesn't know just yet, I will have to get over that somehow, maybe finish the garage and put it inside.

I wont forget this one quickly, its also my daughter's birthday today.

Here we go, another roller coaster

Ive just rejoined the 101" club after buying that truck.

I think there is a Ferret club to join somewhere

Now I also should also join the EMLRA

Next I should join the Series 3 club

Next I should join the LRCC

Is there a Sankey trailer club?

and if there is a domestic harmony club could someone sign me up for that one too?

R:angel:

Don't know about a club - but there is a Sankey group on FB :)

• 2 months later...

Sent an email to the seller yesterday to confirm this week was ok to go pay for and collect the wagon.

Reply back was he has changed his mind. Ho Hum, what to do now? Had scrounged up the cash and done the self justification process done.

Maybe I will just sit on my hands and wait this one out.

• 1 year later...

Well, truth is stranger than fiction I am being reminded daily.

Just over a week ago someone offered me a full length hard top with side panels for a Land Rover 109. I thought to myself free ain't bad, and maybe one day I will secure the Carawagon.

Four days after that a friend sent me a screen shot from Facebook showing the Carawagon was for sale again. I phoned and a very surprised owner agreed to let me have it and not entertain any other dealings. the price was more than I wanted to pay for what is there, but if it isn't for sale it doesn't matter what money you have so how much is too much?

I popped up in the week and put a deposit down and made arrangements to get it back on Saturday.

On my way home with it I bumped into another local Land Rover owner Tony Eccles who took this photo.

On the drive home I decided that the vehicle will be called and referred to as Katie, it has a very personal meaning to me, we have had a rough week.

I will now start a thread on this vehicle from fresh with proper subject heading and link back to this.

Thank you all

Robin carawagon 02.jpg

• Like 1