FWD gallery

Just re-looking at these pictures on here and the numerous ones I've taken of my truck, quite a lot of the cab has definitely been re-paneled as I haven't got the Air Vents at the front corners of the cab, and the top below the windows where the nice curved panel should be is non-exsistant. I presume the cabs were prone to rotting from where the water comes down off of the windscreens and sits and collects.

Hi Russ,

Yours also has those horizontal lengths of trim around the front corner(s) which aren't original. Are they hiding joins in replacement panels or are they purely decorative?

- MG

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Russ,

Yours also has those horizontal lengths of trim around the front corner(s) which aren't original. Are they hiding joins in replacement panels or are they purely decorative?

- MG

Hello Mike - I think its hiding joints in the panels, my assumption is water off of the screens rotted the curved panel and bits underneath, and it was the easiest way to make a running repair by cutting the damaged section off and replacing the curved panel with wood! Was very nice to meet you the other day!

R

Hello Mike - I think its hiding joints in the panels, my assumption is water off of the screens rotted the curved panel and bits underneath, and it was the easiest way to make a running repair by cutting the damaged section off and replacing the curved panel with wood! Was very nice to meet you the other day!

R

Good to meet you too.

I hadn't realised that repair panel was wood!

It's actually not as bad as you'd led me to believe but you've still got quite a project there. I'll look forward to watching progress.

- MG

Good to meet you too.

I hadn't realised that repair panel was wood!

It's actually not as bad as you'd led me to believe but you've still got quite a project there. I'll look forward to watching progress.

- MG

Yeah the panel at the bottom of the screens is wood which is now pretty much rotten too, you'd have thought they would have covered it with a piece of steel too!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Awesome pictures! Finally found a couple of hours to spend on the new addition to my collection - the red one with no rear body. Had it running on a funnel full of petrol at a time, but at the moment some of the rad hoses are useless so i need to replace them, fill with water so i can run it and keep it running for more than 30 seconds at a time! First time i've heard one of these trucks run.....and wow! Can't wipe the smile off of my face!

• 1 month later...
Now had the chance with the flatbed to move the Preslands & Sons FWD to a new home where hopefully one day in the not tooooooooo distant future something might happen to it. Here are a couple of pics from moving it today[ATTACH=CONFIG]108825[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]108826[/ATTACH]

preslands old matador is unrestored but still about . Timsteam man has got it .. its on the restoration blogs .

• 3 weeks later...