Yorkshire MVT - 'CRANK UP'

13th April - 'CRANK UP', organised by members of the Yorkshire Area of the Military Vehicle Trust (MVT) at the York Castle Museum, Cliffords Tower, York. This annual event now running for over 12 years, sees the spring airing of military vehicles of all ages. Start time from 11.00 am onwards. Contact Chris Smyth. E-Mail: chris-smyth@tiscali.co.uk

• 5 weeks later...

I should be there too though I wasn't too sure earlier today. With all the poor weather, and being ill earlier in the week, today was the first chance I had to get 'Jessie' out for a check over before the 190 mile round trip to York. Good job I did because the brake lights didn't work. So that and the other fluid level checks, test drive and fuel up took most of the day.

Well I tried; but broke down South of Durham. Once the RAC brought me home, I found out the failure was the only new/modern part on the Jeep, the Electronic Ignition unit!

The unit isn't that old and hasn't done many miles, so a bit annoyed for something that is meant to be fit and forget. At home I pulled the points and condenser from the Ford and fitted them to Jessie, and the engine started straight away, using the same coil.

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

Well I tried; but broke down South of Durham. Once the RAC brought me home, I found out the failure was the only new/modern part on the Jeep, the Electronic Ignition unit!

The unit isn't that old and hasn't done many miles, so a bit annoyed for something that is meant to be fit and forget. At home I pulled the points and condenser from the Ford and fitted them to Jessie, and the engine started straight away, using the same coil.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89884[/ATTACH]

V bad luck there Steve :(

Not withstanding that he says its out of warranty, in court you may be able to argue that it wasn't fit for purpose... Who was the manufacturer by the way ?

Edited by Vulture