RC Alvis stalwart

outback

I started on this a while ago ,I found a basic drawing on the internet thought it would be a challenge .

010.jpg

Its 6 wheel drive ,front 4 wheels steer , has a 2 speed box driving 2 transfer boxes to the axles ,working winch will be fitted soon .it weighs in around 15lb and will run about 10mph in top gear .

007.jpg

Here is the basic layout for the drive it consists of 3 axles connected by using 2 transfer cases ,to the motor and gear box at the rear .It is not the easiest model to work on with very little space in there .

Not going for swimming version yet just trying to get it to work .I have got the thought in the back of my mind though think I would ditch the 2 speed for a single speed unit to free up a channel on the transmitter .

test run vid :-)

steve

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88065[/ATTACH]

Here is the basic layout for the drive it consists of 3 axles connected by using 2 transfer cases ,to the motor and gear box at the rear .It is not the easiest model to work on with very little space in there .

Not going for swimming version yet just trying to get it to work .I have got the thought in the back of my mind though think I would ditch the 2 speed for a single speed unit to free up a channel on the transmitter .

test run vid :-)

steve

Now that's neat!

• 9 months later...

This one wont swim the electrics are not waterproof, plus I put 4 oz of lead in each tire to help keep it stable when going off road (counter balance the height ),the chassis design is also not water friendly as it acts like a giant scoop and fills the gearbox and motor with water :-(. I do take it for a paddle though ,would go in water 5-6" but the rebuild afterwards is not an easy thing as its a pain to work on .All said it is good fun to drive :D.

• 3 weeks later...
superb!

A great model. Would you be happy to share some of the detail we us? What tyres and drive parts have you used? What scale is she? I'm building something based on a fv432 at the moment but would love to build something 6x6 or 8x8, any pointers would be greatfuly received. Regards Rich.

A great model. Would you be happy to share some of the detail we us? What tyres and drive parts have you used? What scale is she? I'm building something based on a fv432 at the moment but would love to build something 6x6 or 8x8, any pointers would be greatfuly received. Regards Rich.

Hi Here is the build thread for this model ,uses 108mm tires ,works out about 1/12 scale http://www.scalerc.co.uk/forum/forums-finest-builds/58682-stolly-fv-622.html

My current project on the go for me is a scammell explorer bit harder to build but that's the fun ,next on my list I was thinking a militant mk3 wrecker ,I am looking at ways to cut costs down using different parts as price can get silly for anything with more 2 axles .

• 4 months later...
. Ho iniziato su questo qualche tempo fa, ho trovato un disegno di base su internet pensato che sarebbe stata una sfida sua unità 6 ruote anteriori 4 ruote guidare, ha una scatola 2 velocità di guida 2 scatole di trasferimento per gli assi, verricello di lavoro saranno dotati presto .it pesa intorno £ 15 e verrà eseguito circa 10 miglia all'ora in marcia più alta. [/ QUOTE]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88036[/ATTACH]

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE USED WHEELS. THANK YOU ENRICO

. Ho iniziato su questo qualche tempo fa, ho trovato un disegno di base su internet pensato che sarebbe stata una sfida sua unità 6 ruote anteriori 4 ruote guidare, ha una scatola 2 velocità di guida 2 scatole di trasferimento per gli assi, verricello di lavoro saranno dotati presto .it pesa intorno £ 15 e verrà eseguito circa 10 miglia all'ora in marcia più alta. [/ QUOTE]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88036[/ATTACH]

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE USED WHEELS. THANK YOU ENRICO

Hi these are the wheels and tires I used

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Hex-12MM-Wheels-108mm-Tires-1-9-Land-Rove-D90-Wrangler-Jeep-1-10-Crawler-/261909178806?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cfb00e9b6

steve