MILITARY AND FLYING MACHINES SHOW -An Announcement...

rgb

MILITARY AND FLYING MACHINES SHOW -An Announcement...

We can now officially announce that The Military and Flying Machines show will no longer be supported by the Military Vehicle Trust, so an new and independent organisation has been set up by the members of the Essex branch of the MVT to carrry on with the show. The new organisation is called the Essex Historic Military Vehicle Association, and has been registered as a charity. We are grateful to the staff and owner of the Damyns Hall Aerodrome for the support we have received, and the plan is to keep on putting on Essex and London’s Premier Military Show.

We are all very positive about the new set-up and we are all looking forward to a new chapter and the chance to continue to make it a great weekend for everybody!

Our new website is up and running http://www.militaryandflyingmachines.com and if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask!

richard.brew@essexhmva.co.uk

Richard

You would need to run it as an "entity" for liability purposes amongst others, and whilst a Charity is run "Not for Profit"... what that actually translates to is that it CAN make a profit, the Directors/Trustees cannot withdraw that profit as a Dividend payment like a Limited Company, and the staff can be paid for their time (which I know from personally knowing the Brew's is considerable) just like a Company.

Personally, what I would like to see is that some of the profit used to make HMV purchases that can be worked-on by the members (and owned by the Charity), and the restoration progress / collection displayed at the show every year. Given another reason to attend.

I believe that would encourage greater club attendance and promote the hobby to people who think it is beyond their means (given the cost of vehicles today), but have the skills to help with restorations/repairs. I believe that Duxford and The Tank Museum are a proven examples to this being a feasible idea.

Most of us have heard of the Crompton and Wheatcroft collections of German WW2 vehicles (and I know they have Allied vehicles aswell), but wouldn't it be great to have the Essex HMVA Collection.

As a Charity, it would be open to charitable funding, such as the Lottery and a whole heap of other sources (including other charities).

I'd like to hear people's views?

• 4 months later...

Fantastic show....one of the most enjoyable i've attended. Good stalls (found some bargains) good selection of vehicles and great evening entertainment.

Well done to the organisers....who were clearly working extremely hard to ensure the event was a success.

Looking forward to 2015!!

Richard (Bedford MW)