Canadian Lanc visiting the UK this year

ArtistsRifles

The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's Lancaster will be visiting the UK in August this year and carrying out a series of events in concert with the BBMF's one - for perhaps the last time ever people will be able to see two Lancasters flying together!! Full story here:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/archive/raf-bbmf-to-host-canadian-warplane-heritage-museum-lancaster-during-visit-to-england-24022014

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's Lancaster will be visiting the UK in August this year and carrying out a series of events in concert with the BBMF's one - for perhaps the last time ever people will be able to see two Lancasters flying together!! Full story here:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/archive/raf-bbmf-to-host-canadian-warplane-heritage-museum-lancaster-during-visit-to-england-24022014

That will be worth seeing big smiles

Hoping everything will work out ok, I think they had planned for this to happen a number of years ago too, but something went wrong and it was cancelled. I for one will endeavour to do a bit more wandering when the Lanc is scheduled to arrive, would like to know whether it'll be flying from Coningsby or elsewhere. Will have to ask a few questions.

Hoping everything will work out ok, I think they had planned for this to happen a number of years ago too, but something went wrong and it was cancelled. I for one will endeavour to do a bit more wandering when the Lanc is scheduled to arrive, would like to know whether it'll be flying from Coningsby or elsewhere. Will have to ask a few questions.

At this stage it will be arriving at Conningsby, have a few bits of maintenance done, then they will be flying from Conningsby to practice their routine together. The passenger flights will be done from Humberside (the old Lanc base of Kirmington) but they will operate for the displays from CGY.

This is as I was told this morning but subject to change...

It would be fantastic if Just Jane was airworthy by then as well. 12 merlins on full song wow what a spectacle!

Wishful thinking but the way they are throwing money at it is mind blowing:

http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/Holy-Grail-of-propeller-parts.htm

In terms of number of £s that is more than a complete Lanc cost during the war for 5 relatively insignificant parts.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...