Mobile Mechanic in West Midlands area?

Wildwilly

Question

Hi world,

tried the basics of my mechanical knowledge (does Lego count? lol )and still having issues with my CMP Chevy and could do with a local mechanic to have a look at her, and recommendations of a mobile mechanic in the West Mids area? ping me a message or any links as I want her back on the road asap

Thanks

Andy

11 answers to this question

Hi Andy, may be a stupid question but have you tried your local MVT group ? I have found in the past the breadth of knowledge among its members invaluable and have never been stuck for help or advice :-D Most "modern" mechanics have little knowledge of older vehicles so if the MVT route fails try older long established garages they may help in some way. There's a old school mechanic round here who can turn his hand to anything and it's the same all over, another place to try is your local classic car club, again they will no doubt have a favourite garage/mechanic who is up for a challenge :) Best of luck mate.

Hi Andy, may be a stupid question but have you tried your local MVT group ? I have found in the past the breadth of knowledge among its members invaluable and have never been stuck for help or advice :-D Most "modern" mechanics have little knowledge of older vehicles so if the MVT route fails try older long established garages they may help in some way. There's a old school mechanic round here who can turn his hand to anything and it's the same all over, another place to try is your local classic car club, again they will no doubt have a favourite garage/mechanic who is up for a challenge :) Best of luck mate.

Welcome to the world of classic MVs! What is the problem and what have you tried so far? Perhaps folks on here can guide you through finding the problem.

Hi,

driving her back ok then engine died and wont restart

ignition, power comes on and fuel pump ticks, but nothing else on start up

was thinking starter motor, fuel block?

thanks for helping guys

Why would you suspect the starter if the engine died? Fuel pump ticking but have you checked to see if it is physically pumping fuel?

Degsy is right, there is a lot you can do quite easily to help us all help you figure it out. Start by removing the pope which carries the fuel into the carb, turn the engine over or if it's an electric pump put the ignition on and make sure fuel comes out of the pipe. If you can't work out which pipe to disconnect post a photo!

Chris