Dutch military bicycle band

Great War truck

Having family members involved with brass bands there are a few sorry moments covered when in parades etc and the ground is not flat. Even a small pothole or bump is enough to trip a person and one tumbling can hit others, compounding into catastrophe. Playing carols from the back of a truck has lead to cut lips and chipped teeth, if playing on the move. Safer now to stop the truck then play.

Notice with this bicycle band the floor is smooth and the bikes appear to have locked hubs controlling the brakes from the pedals with no free wheel position.

A great show.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Olaf if you've got any going spare I'll take a pair of sevens please:D

In our neighbouring village is a Master Clog maker still active.

Come over for a trip I'd say.

I have a nice pair of Orange clogs in the room, we'll only have to chop off your toes to make them fit.

In our neighbouring village is a Master Clog maker still active.

Come over for a trip I'd say.

I have a nice pair of Orange clogs in the room, we'll only have to chop off your toes to make them fit.

Yeah, Yeah........time you painted a helmet to go with them Olaf then everybody would know where you come from:pfrt:

:n00b:

They are hiding their clogs to throw at people making fun of them.

1 pair is on its way down-under so keep your head down.:D

That's ok mate, we've got enough Dutch people here as it is, including my best friend. Every single dutch person I know has at least one pair of clogs, usually in a kids size from their childhood, which they keep somewhere like the mantle in their bedroom. It's kind of creepy :P

Cheers,

Terry