1940 Bedford OY restoration.

image.jpgProgress has been slow, in one picture the shed the OYs in is nearly finished, once up the work can properly crack on. I also picked the window frames up of someone, there in brilliant condition and thought I was going to have a lot of trouble finding them, the master cylinder is of and ready to be rebuilt, all the brakes have been overhauled new linings etc.

ill be looking for hoops & canvas

engine block tap, radiator tap.

glass and rubbers and a spare wheel and tyre , most of theme spares Pete gain has. Will post more pictures next week. Bill

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

It means that it is not licenced at this moment in time. Here is the current details off the DVLA website:

[h=1]Vehicle enquiry[/h]The enquiry is complete.The vehicle details for 7542 AC are:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableleft]Date of Liability[/TD]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableright]01 01 1981[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableleft]Date of First Registration[/TD]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableright]01 06 1959[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableleft]Year of Manufacture[/TD]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableright]1959[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableleft]Cylinder Capacity (cc)[/TD]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableright]0cc[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableleft]CO₂ Emissions[/TD]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableright]Not Available[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableleft]Fuel Type[/TD]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableright]PETROL[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableleft]Export Marker[/TD]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableright]N[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableleft]Vehicle Status[/TD]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableright]Unlicensed[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableleft]Vehicle Colour[/TD]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableright]GREEN[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableleft]Vehicle Type Approval[/TD]

[TD=class: vehicledetailstableright]Not Available[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

It says date of manufacture '1959' does that mean when it was registered?

Bill,

In those days they were not so worried about checking the correct date of manufacture. It was registered in 1959 and was probably straight out of a government surplus sale. The lorry was registered in Warwickshire (AC), so if you wanted you might find that the original registration records still exist for that county (not with DVLA)

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpgMaster cylinder rebuilt & painted, trying to get all the little bits done ready to be fitted, I'm hopefully going to get the hoops and canvas soon,I needed a radiator tap so ordered one from john Morter he said theres one big one & one little one it could be either? I bought both and they don't fit! Will I have to re-do the tread?.

• 2 weeks later...
Trevor, the first tap was to big, so john kindly sent another one which was bigger, that's to big now!, the rad needs resoldering we're the bottom hose connects so once it's out I'll have a better look and see.

bill.

Give me a shout if you need a hand with the soldering Bill..

image.jpg Had a long day with the brakes, rebuilt the master cylinder, connected it etc and could get no brake fluid to come out to bleed the brakes, so of again and had a look and it seems that the plunger that's on the servo is not pushing in enough through the master cylinder, it can be done manually just not with the pedal asif it's missing an extension that connects to the servo?, would anyone no?, thanks bill :)

image.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88146[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]88147[/ATTACH] Had a long day with the brakes, rebuilt the master cylinder, connected it etc and could get no brake fluid to come out to bleed the brakes, so of again and had a look and it seems that the plunger that's on the servo is not pushing in enough through the master cylinder, it can be done manually just not with the pedal asif it's missing an extension that connects to the servo?, would anyone no?, thanks bill :)

Bill,

There should be a link rod a couple of inches long that sits between the cylinder and the servo - it just sits in the cupped end of the cylinder. Is that present? If it is missing, that would explain your problem. If it is in place, then the linkage in the top of the servo needs adjusting to give 1/16" clearance between the end of the linkage and the outer casing. I can let you have a copy of the relevant section of the manual if you need it. If your link rod is missing, I think have a spare, or possibly I can get you one made using my spare as a pattern.

How many of the cleats do you need? I think I may have a few spares lurking somewhere in my garage - I will have a look at the weekend.

Good luck with the master cylinder.

Mike.

Hi mike I must defo be missing it, that would explain to days work!, if you have a spare or can have one made I will have one 100% mate.

Leave it with me, Bill, will get something sorted out in next few days.

Mike.