Registration of a DAF 4 ton

Hi

can any tell the forms that are required to register a daf 4 ton with a box body that is converted as a camper .

regards Tony

Happy new year to you all.

If You intend registering the DAF as a motorhome you will also have to supply lots of photogaraphs of the camper conversion to convince DVLA it meets the criteria, they may want to inspect it

Info here..http://www.campervanlife.com/building/legal

If You intend registering the DAF as a motorhome you will also have to supply lots of photogaraphs of the camper conversion to convince DVLA it meets the criteria, they may want to inspect it

Info here..http://www.campervanlife.com/building/legal

thanks for the info , are they still applying the rule that it must look like a camper van on the outside?

which will be a struggle with a DAF.

thanks for the info , are they still applying the rule that it must look like a camper van on the outside?

which will be a struggle with a DAF.[/

my Leyland Daf 4 tonner was registered as a motor caravan in October 2010, it has a radio repair body fitted with a small, roughly a foot square, window towards the top on each side, and the relevant vents for the fridge & cooker which are painted NATO green to match the body. The criteria to fulfil to allow your Daf to be registered as a motor caravan are; a fixed bed or fixed seating that may be converted into a bed, a table ( this can be removeable), fixed cooking and washing facilities, fixed storage facilities. I scrapped our caravan and used all the fittings except the shower from that.

There are a couple of photos of my Leyland Daf in the Tank Museum MVT Day 22/9/12 thread so you can see tat it doesn't look like a typical camper.

Edited by johnwardle

which will be a struggle with a DAF.[/

my Leyland Daf 4 tonner was registered as a motor caravan in October 2010, it has a radio repair body fitted with a small, roughly a foot square, window towards the top on each side, and the relevant vents for the fridge & cooker which are painted NATO green to match the body. The criteria to fulfil to allow your Daf to be registered as a motor caravan are; a fixed bed or fixed seating that may be converted into a bed, a table ( this can be removeable), fixed cooking and washing facilities, fixed storage facilities. I scrapped our caravan and used all the fittings except the shower from that.

There are a couple of photos of my Leyland Daf in the Tank Museum MVT Day 22/9/12 thread so you can see tat it doesn't look like a typical camper.

Thanks for the reply , can you tell wot class of mot you have for the DAF?

Thanks for the reply , can you tell wot class of mot you have for the DAF?

It goes through a 'large class IV' same as a Transit van, the only problem you may have is finding a testing station that is big enough to take it. I use the local HGV testing station, Rygor Commercials, who are used to all sorts of camper conversions.