D-Day Gun Boat

ruxy

I don't know how it can come to a hundred grand for the engines to be put in a state to cross the channel. Its all too familier for charities to say so and so project will cost £XXXX things can always be done for less.

As you rightly say Bob, regreatably as we know charities have great intentions but so very often are big time waisters of cash on many projects by not shopping around enough but i do wish the project well.

You can easily spend 10K on a big engine overhaul plus there will be all the cooling and propulsion gear to fettle as well. Add to that the cost of getting them out and back in again and I don't think 100K is that far short of the mark, bearing in mind there are three of them.

Just my two pennorth. Good luck to them I say!

I did not like the BBC propaganda film , a "skipper" with a rather large Stilson at work (does that tell a story , to me it does , but then I was a MN engineer) , if he had been described as the "engineer" with a Bahco wrench no longer than 8" in his hand , then it would have looked better LoL