Bedford MW

Davey089

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well eventually got the body all back together , took alot longer than anticipated :rolleyes:, but not being a joiner suppose can't really complain , now to get some paint on it .

I know I've asked before but can anyone identify or tell me what the numbers are that are burnt into the cab framework please ? 6049

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Some small finishing jobs to do yet but took it for a run yesterday , mmm what can I say certainly different to the Jeep:-D , its a hard ride ,seemed ok engine sounds nice , don't think I want to be going much more than 35 mph though :-D

It just to say fitted alongside the Jeep lol , gonna have to get this other shed up , trailer outside and motorbikes in the house

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

Looking good Dave, like the idea of putting the bikes in the house :-D could you pm me a list of the spares you want to part with when you have time ;)

Cheers J.

:-) The only problem with having the bikes in the house ,I have a vision of Linda hanging the washing off em when the cloths hoss is full :-D .No problem Jeremy, I'll get you a list together of what spares I have left and you can see if any are of use too you , maybe another MW project ? :cool2:

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Pete , it was certainly different :-D it being the first WWII "truck" I've owned and driven ,yes the end result makes it worth while :-)

Dave

Good job !!

nothing beats that first run on the road pleased it went well for you, it makes all the time and money spent on a project worth while doesn't it :drive:

Pete

• 1 month later...

Just a couple of small teething problems have arisen :cry: .

Has anyone else bought one of the oil filter mod's off Chris Mortar ? reason I ask how do you keep the base of the filter housing on :-D , mine keeps dropping off !

Dave

IMG_1759.jpg

DAVE l fitted mine so the lower part sits inside the metal holding strap held in place by the lip so it cannot fall out ie down]

and the upper part of the filter is held in place by the two feed pipes hope this makes sense by the way the MWD LOOKS GREAT

REGARDS WALLY

Thanks Wally .I'll get down to the local engineering shop and see if they have any copper pipe and olives to fit, and make up new pipe work .If they haven't any on the shelf I'll to do a temporary fix and wire it in place .

I think I'll look putting a thread on it if there is enough metal there to cut .

Dave

Edited by Davey089

• 4 weeks later...

Well what can I say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH :banghead:.The truck has started blowing water out of the rad cap , going to do a litmus test on the coolant suspicious of combustion contamination , so head gasket / crack in block..... if it is a crack it wasn't obvious on the rebuild ....... fingers crossed it's just the head that wants nipping down or its a naff gasket.................... if not ?? I'm undecided on what I'll be going to do with it , I dont really fancy taking it all apart again :(

Thought I had at first , after being advised to check for overfill I checked it was just covering the fin tops and tried again , unfortunately its still pushing it out .It might sound odd but if to pinch the top hose from the stat housing you can feel the pulse of the engine if that makes sense :-D .I'm suspicious of an engine leak and its bypassing into the coolant system and pushing the water out of the cap .

Have you over filled the rad? If you have then it will expand and exit through the cap.

Hey up Andy

I checked the nut and I have it set at 9/16" from the top of filler neck . Going back to John's suggestion of over filling, what is strange even though its pumped out quite a bit of water its still showing plenty of water looking into the rad filler neck!, so maybe (might be hoping too much ) I might be over filling it . I think I'll still check the head bolts just as a matter of course .

What setting would you recommend to torque them down too ?

Cheers

Dave

When I took mine for it's first run, coolant pumped out of radiator. Discovered that the top seal ring was not set to the correct height, so was not closing the system.

Andy

Although it's not a certainty, the fact that it happens once the engine has warmed up suggests that it's likely to be over full. It could be expansion of the cylinder head bolts when they're hot but I doubt it.

Deffo check that they're all torqued down properly as that's an easy hit.

when I first ran mine it did the same thing and I was suprised how much came out. I now keep my coolant level about 3.5 inches below the top of the filler.