Overlord 2014

R Cubed

Thanks for all the comments. It was a hard slog but we did it. The show wouldn't work if it wasn't for the exhibitors, traders or public. I met loads of new people this weekend and it's been great!!! We will have a club meeting soon and no doubt discuss what went well and what we could do better next year.

So, looking forward to seeing you all again next year. Same field just less muddy (hopefully!!!!!!!)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks to the organisers for a fun weekend highlights watching the reme t a lads getting stuck in their new man truck and ending up taking part in a improvised awol para event in the arena:angel:

low points getting stuck myself today:mad: but thanks to the russian line marke:cool2:r and stewarts maverick truck:cool2: for finally getting me on to harder ground

Glad i could help you out Dave :)

Got any pictures ??

Just want to say despite the weather we all had a great weekend, as usual enjoyed the show, helpful organizers, great stalls, great food wagons, Beer tent and Saturday evening band spot on. Dont change anything at the show, definatly keep the catering stalls, just order more sun with the quatermaster for 2015. Roll on next year

Andy much as disliked this weather it certainly put paid to any worries about hay fever & the rustic smell of wood chips I found quite enchanting & almost therapeutic.

I dread to think how much two large lorry loads of wood chips delivered at short notice would have cost. So well done to someone for organising that because without those deliveries it would have just wiped out the show. I stayed last night because I felt I had committed myself for 3 days I should try to stay for 3 days, but cold wetness I'm afraid got the better of me this morning.

Still trying to figure out why I took the fridge with me :-D

It was actually 5 30 cubic metre loads of woodchip! Just as well we didn't buy it in bags from B&Q. The tractor and driver working long shifts over the four days of towing out did a magnificent job - not cheap unfortunately as those large Fendts drink fuel. The agricultural contractors, Bailey Brothers, have been good friends to the show over the years but even at "mates rates" we are heavily in debt to them :)

Just like to say thanks to all of you, living history, vehicle owners and traders, who braved the weather to attend and stayed with us for Saturday and Sunday despite the rain and mud. Without you guys there would be no show. Ideas are being floated for a mini event later in the year ...

I want to take this opportunity to publically thank a very hardworking and dedicated team of people who went beyond the normal bounds of duty to turn a potential disaster into a workable show and a financial crisis into a manageable loss. Site services, Traffic, Arena, Admin and Finance teams all did a stonking job while I just wandered around looking pretty as chairmen are supposed to.

Thanks to all the SOE members who did so much to keep the show running!