IWM Photographs

thedawnpatrol

Hi

Can anyone tell me if any of the IWM Photo collection are available online ? or is it a matter of having to go there to search.

I have found a nice, but poor quality photo of a Morris PU8 with the IWM Photo Number Q838 i would like to get a good quality print of this photo......................

LADBucquoy.jpg

cheers

Jules

Not Sure exactly how you mean online- You can search online and copy also. the biggest problem with a lot of these fantastic collections is.... they are uploaded without accurate descriptions so searching is very much TIME. Hope this helps. http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/search?query=jeep&items_per_page=10&page=2&submit=

If you search online and find anything you want copies of, if you have a catalogue number for the picture, then I think either email or phone them. You could spend hours trawling through pictures and not find anything, or you could be lucky, lots of photos, not really referenced by vehicle type, more likely theatre of war, year sometimes location. Hope this makes sense.