unknown WW1 wooden ammo-cart, IDENTIFICATION please

Hello forum.

I've bought this wooden cart some years ago on a fleamarket in France. This oak cart is fully demontable : the wheels, the two sides and the front and end are detachable. The metal parts have been preserved in true army style : tar-paint.

At the rear there is one hook for attatching a brake/anker-rope (man-handled) and the front has got two hooks for a towing rope (also man-handled). The rear also has a red glass reflector. It seams that the bolts and wingnuts are metric thread.

At the frame it got a manual handoperated parkingbrake.

Internal lenght is about 3 feet, width about 2 feet.

There ar NO markings at all.

>> Can anybody identify this ammonition cart?? <<

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0117.jpg

DSCF0118.jpg

DSCF0119 - kopie.jpg

DSCF0120.jpg

DSCF0121.jpg

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0126.jpg

DSCF0127.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

What an interesting cart. I have no idea what it is, or how old, but I have had hands on experience with German steam locomotives, the most recent of which was built in 1932. All of them had fastenings with metric sized hexagons but inch size whitworth threadforms. Even allowing for the resistance to change of the steam loco builders everywhere I would want to find out when metric threads came into use. Things with wooden wheels were certainly being made into the 40s so it is not impossible that this cart is a bit newer than you think. Still a lovely thing though and in amazing condition. Are you going to do any restoration or keep it as it is, which I think is just great?

David