Shipping deactivated weapons?

Hawk

I have some bits to sell, and the chap wants them posted, just wondering if anybody has any recommendations for a courier?

Also how should I go about packing them? Its a Bren and an SMLE.

Thanks,

Luke

Legally they are just lumps of metal. But I'd try TNT they have no hissy fits when transporting such kit. Packing them I'd use a large strong cardboard box. Tradition seems to be to then add two or three black bin bags over the top and loads of sealing tape. Though as soon as I see that combination I think 'Gun'. :-D

Thanks for the quick reply Tony,

Lots of cardboard and duck tape it is,

Good to hear TNT are sensible, just a thought, should the package be marked against air travel?

Luke

Thanks for the quick reply Tony,

Lots of cardboard and duck tape it is,

Good to hear TNT are sensible, just a thought, should the package be marked against air travel?

Luke

Can't see why. Firarms can be transported by air. BA will have made a fortune over the last few weeks shipping people with shotguns up to Scotland for the 12th. It is illegal to transport firearms or parts of firearms if they have not been declared on air services, but again all they are legally is bits of metal. Provided there well packed, and the shape dosen't give a hint and the couriers know exactaly what they are carrying, it's thier problem.

I've used Parcel2go and my hermes with no issues to send Brens in the past.

Thanks Chris.

I've had a quote via Parcel2Go from YODEL.

What would you identify the package as?

Luke