CVRT Sabres at Witham Auction / Tender Aug 2013

PDonovan

Five Sabres in very very poor condition. These are probably the last to be sold !

Music: Modern War by Naked Remedy.

Something went wrong...

bloody hell, whats the price of scrap nowadays????

Not much left of thoes, saw better scrapped at Nortons metals in liverpool last year!!!

PD

Thanks for posting that youtube Vid.

The first thing that came to mind was that these would be excelent candidates for those that like to play WWII to build VisMods on as they're too rough for anyone (on that side of the pond) to consider for a restoration project. If they were chopped up to make faux Pz.IIs, there wouldn't be any real loss there. It would probably be a better fate then if they were melted down into Coke cans.......

Matt

They are perfectly viable projects, just a lot of time and money is required!

True that! Then again, anything is restorable if one has deep enough pockets :cool2: . From my perspective given the out of this world pricing on armor over here (USA), those don't seem like all that bad of a deal. I've worked with worse. But I also think that if someone wants to buy a tracked vehicle to use as a base for a non resto project, then these machines would (also) be excelent candidates for that as well. I'm not going to post anymore on this thread as I feel it is becoming a bad influence on me :D.....

Matt

True that! Then again, anything is restorable if one has deep enough pockets :cool2: . From my perspective given the out of this world pricing on armor over here (USA), those don't seem like all that bad of a deal. I've worked with worse. But I also think that if someone wants to buy a tracked vehicle to use as a base for a non resto project, then these machines would (also) be excelent candidates for that as well. I'm not going to post anymore on this thread as I feel it is becoming a bad influence on me :D.....

Matt

If you were to bid, lets say £4k and win one of these I think they would be cheap as chips. Most of them look to be very good internally, they have had bits removed and then sat around for a few years, but lets face it these have not been shot up on a range for the last 5 decades! The trick is simply getting hold of all the bits, but you could be running and driving pretty quickly, and lets face it the bits will turn up sooner or later. I have paid A LOT more for a much worse condition, albeit complete Belgian Scimitar...which is now patiently waiting its turn..