help with clansman 352

Snowie

The setup of the 352 is confusing me, i cant understand how to connect the 351 20W amp and SURF unit, does the coax cable go from the back of the amp to the 351 and the GSA plug in on the dial side? But then where does the surf go? Also how do you operate the SURF? if anyone can explain or post a picture that would be smashing, thanks

Snowie

I was planning on using it before i turned on the amp haha, do you have any help with wiring up the amp to the 351 or how to use the surf.. it has a small needle in a window on a dial but thats about it, tried the link and couldnt get what i needed :( thanks anyway

Hi

The SURF is intended to allow the 351/2 to be used with multiple co-sited radios e.g. in a hilltop repeater station. It protects the receiver from strong signals on nearby frequencies. SURF actually stands for "selector unit, radio frequiency". The connections are:

351 - BNC Cable - SURF input - antenna mounted on SURF

351 - BNC Cable - Surf Input - SURF - SURF Output - BNC Cable - External Antenna e.g. GSA

351 - BNC Cable - SURF input - SURF - SURF Output - BNC Cable - 20W amp - BNC Cable - External Antenna

The SURF needs to be tuned for maximum meter reading while the 351 alone is transmitting.

Scans of the manual may be found on the open internet at:

http://www.land-rover-lightweight.co.uk/ClansmanB.html

Regards

Iain