hi,i am Darren,i live in chipping sodbury near Bristol...I must admit I don't actually own a military vehicle at the moment:blush:,however I have a Cortina 1970 and a vw camper baywindow 1972,,,i do drive my father in laws 1962 Hotchkiss jeep to local shows I have done for years now,,,,i am at the moment selling my Cortina to fund(part) the purchase of a dodge weapons carrier,i have always liked them and if my calculations are right then the wc should fit in my garage,it will be very snug:Dthere are a couple of weapons carriers on milweb at the moment,but the Cortina has to go to make room in the garage,so if anyone knows of anyone who likes mk2 Cortina with a v6 slotted under the hood:-).........I should be able to pick up a wc51 without the winch for about 7k to 8k shouldn't I???....is there anything I should look out for?i have owned a lot of American vehicles in the past,chevys,pontiacs,ford mustangs,,,,,i joined a while ago and I have just got round to introducing myself,sorry about that,,,,thanks for reading this,darren

Welcome to the HMVF Darren, the Cortina sounds like fun with a V6 in ! I remember lusting after the Savage version when I was younger. Wish I had the money I would be after yours straight away. I have two WW2 American vehicles at present a '43 Ford GPW and a '41 Chevrolet G 7107 cargo truck. Also had loads of American stuff a '46 Caddy , '66 T bird , '55 Ford F100 stepside , '78 Chevy Impala etc. All the best :-)

the wc 52 wouldn't fit in my garage ,at least I don't think so,,,daz

Hear we go! Thanks for restarting a long running argument. :-D The winch is an added lump of metal. With the off road performance of a Dodge if you get stuck your trying!

I don't want to start any arguments on here:red:...winch or without!!:laugh::laugh:,,,if anyone knows of anyone looking for a Cortina with a twist or maybe take a part ex on a wc51 ,well email me....please,,,,daz,,,I meant to ask if there is anyone local to me on here

Edited by darrentovey

I want to try and get as close to £5000.00 as I can,,,the car has had a bare metal respray,,polybushed,5 speed manual gearbox..goes well but I just don't drive it,,,i would use a dodge a lot more,i know I would have to add some cash,,,.i think the Cortina is worth that,,,anyway at the moment its in the garage and not costing me anything..we did pop out in it today,starts first time every time,,,,daz:laugh:

• 3 years later...

:Dwell here I am again,i now own the 1962 hotchkiss jeep that belonged to my father in law,i also own a 1944 dodge wc51,i bought the dodge towards the end of last year I literally just started work on it,the rad is out and flushed through,i should start by saying thr dodge has an issue with overheating under load,i bought it like this ,so while rad is out I will also replace the thermostat,head gasket hoses ect,i will add some pics soon,,is dallas autoparts the best place for spares?darren:-)

cornwall ect sept 16 002.jpg

cornwall ect sept 16 011.jpg

cornwall ect sept 16 212.jpg

Jeepart are also a useful supplier of Dodge parts, I now use them. Jon Bizal at Midwest in the US, parts are cheap, shipping is ***** unfortunatley. Dodges have a little tube behind thermostst housing that can block/corrode, that can cuase problems. Desperatley touching wood, my two have never had that problem. Gordon's Dodge Forum will give you the details on it.

hi,i am Darren,i live in chipping sodbury near Bristol...I must admit I don't actually own a military vehicle at the moment:blush:,however I have a Cortina 1970 and a vw camper baywindow 1972,,,i do drive my father in laws 1962 Hotchkiss jeep to local shows I have done for years now,,,,i am at the moment selling my Cortina to fund(part) the purchase of a dodge weapons carrier,i have always liked them and if my calculations are right then the wc should fit in my garage,it will be very snug:Dthere are a couple of weapons carriers on milweb at the moment,but the Cortina has to go to make room in the garage,so if anyone knows of anyone who likes mk2 Cortina with a v6 slotted under the hood:-).........I should be able to pick up a wc51 without the winch for about 7k to 8k shouldn't I???....is there anything I should look out for?i have owned a lot of American vehicles in the past,chevys,pontiacs,ford mustangs,,,,,i joined a while ago and I have just got round to introducing myself,sorry about that,,,,thanks for reading this,darren

Hi and welcome. You have 2 good looking vehicles there. You will enjoy a Dodge WC, I love mine and fell in with a bit of luck as got mine just after it had been restored. Only cost me £8500. with a list as long as your arm with things done, i.e. engine rebuild, gearbox, brakes, fuel tank, steering etc, etc. Ignore the side mirrors as these have been replaced with the proper ones.

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

Edited by DFC1943Fl.Lt.
added text

your dodge looks great,,i got mine for 5000..sounds a lot I guess but there arnt that many about that are cheep,,i am just sorting the cooling system out as she was boiling over,take the head off replace gasket,new stat,hoses ect ect..

the plate on the bulkhead is 4290-191727 .the serial number is 81776005 .date delivered 1944..and also has a Norwegian gear change info plate and a rootes Manchester plate dated 1 56 so has been about a bit,,,,is there anywhere that you can get any history on your dodge truck?thanks,

Edited by darrentovey
added extra