RIP Maggie

love her or hate her , what other PM apart from churchill would have had the ********** to send the SAS into the iranian embassy with the agenda .

Edited by Marmite!!
Politics & Language

RIP Lady Thatcher, I didn't agree with all you did but with the Falklands and the Iranian Embassy you showed the world Gt Britain was still a force to be reckoned with. A true leader and like Winston a hard act to follow.

Edited by Marmite!!
Politics

....Without touching on politics it would all depend on where you were living if you thought RIP or something else. ..............

thank you for a voice of reason...

...there are so very many in this country who would appreciate what you said

and for all the other posters?..

....a PS:.........

.......despite what the average 'Thatcherite' may like to believe??...

...they're not all lazy/shifty/feckless/lefty/commie/trotsky dreamers either..

I can remember her as a Prime Minister, I remember the miners strike, I remember the Falklands and I remember watching the Iranian Embassy. I don't however really remember much else but as I've grown up I realised what a very strong woman she must have been, even today its hard for women to climb to the top in almost any business let alone to the heights she achieved in them days!! May she Rest In Peace now.

well said rosie. i grew up in a small mining village my dad was a miner and was on strike for nearly 2yrs i remember seeing the buses with steel mesh on the windows as they drove past as i walked to school and remember the battle of orgreave and watching it on tv as i live local and the local community torn apart and become divided ! but all now history and im still here and my parents still managed too provide food for me and my 2 sisters so all history now ! :readpaper: