Bedford MWD restoration

Thanks Pete

The two pressings are a cheat, I used a couple of lengths of left over half round rubbing strips from the rear body drilled some holes then plug welded through the door before fitting the pocket that hold the drivers booklet, bit of filler and job done 😉

I managed the rivets by cutting them slightly over length then with a lump hammer acting as a bit of an anvil I dressed the end of the rivets over with the round end of a ball pein hammer untill they were tight, as the rivets act more as locators rather than being structural, the tool bin being cradled in the frames which are bolted to the body.

Ah that explains it then, the thing that drew my attention to the pressings was the sharp edge finish I thought you either had a really heavy duty press and die or a rolling wheel, still full marks for ingenuity Jez like it.

In the same spirit of Iv'e just nicked an aluminium saucepan from the kitchen and turned it into the base of a Vokes air cleaner body (more of that another time in the Retriever thread) unless it's loss is detected :angry in which case I'm brown bread

Keep the photos coming

Pete

At last ! its nearly there thanks Pete, saucepan tale made me smile just been threatened with certain things should I even consider doing the same.

100_6418.jpg

Just a bit of the green paint needed.

100_6419.jpg

And some final fixing holes when its taken back down t'shed.

100_6420.jpg

Hopefully should pass the 5 yard test for all the rivet counters.

Edited by rampant rivet

• 2 weeks later...

Great day at Stoneleigh, not much in the way of mw parts but there's not much on my wanted list now :-D great to meet up with lots of fellow mw owners as usual.

Yesterday was a good day down't shed.

100_6429.jpg

started cutting and prepping the rear wheel arch box's.

100_6431.jpg

Managed to fit the tool bin and give it a coat of the green stuff.

100_6432.jpg

Then a bit more fettling on the engine panels.

Great day at Stoneleigh, not much in the way of mw parts but there's not much on my wanted list now :-D great to meet up with lots of fellow mw owners as usual.

Yesterday was a good day down't shed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122881[/ATTACH]

started cutting and prepping the rear wheel arch box's.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122883[/ATTACH]

Managed to fit the tool bin and give it a coat of the green stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122885[/ATTACH]

Then a bit more fettling on the engine panels.

Nice tool box ...where did you get that from........LOL . Good to see you today. :thumbsup: