Bedford MWD restoration

First class job Jeremy

really enjoyed following the restoration many thanks for sharing it with us on the forum it has undoubtedly provided inspiration and encouragement to all those who have followed your progress. The truck is a true credit to your skill and attention to detail :thumbsup:

Regards

Pete

Your truck looks fantastic Jeremy, as others have said it's a real credit to you and your hard work, I hope you get all the pleasure using it that you hope for! Your thread has been great with all the details of progress and must have inspired others.

Kevin

Thanks guys B| Managed to fit the tonneau to the rear body this wkend plus had to swap out the dizzy as it failed to proceed :blush:

It seems to run a lot better with the "new" DU6A Lucas unit fitted

Luckily the canvas just clears the stop / tail lights, have a pair of trac grips to fit on the front , will be interesting to compare the difference in steering / handling.

Just need to get it out for some more shake down runs , then fabricate the bow hoops.

beddy resto 177.jpg

beddy resto 183.jpg

beddy resto 178.jpg

Edited by rampant rivet

The canvas work looks neat . Is that brass mesh you have in the rear window ?

I have a 1943 dated British 2 man tent in good condition, I am thinking of cutting it up to make seat covers !!!

Thanks Flynn

I'm sorry I only have the one jack extension its the only one I found in four years of searching and I too am looking for a petrol dipstick, again hav'nt seen one in all the time I've been restoring the truck will make one when I get the time.

The disposals stores here used to have little cans dated 1943/44 of that gas detector paint ( Australian made ) , it is a browny muddy colour

The khaki green #3 finish ? on the Bedford is not easy to define , it is sort of half green and half brown depending on the light conditions.

Yes the N0. 3 does change colour depending on light conditions, it's the gas detection stuff I need to find out the correct colour of, it's been another wkend of trying to finish the last odd jobs, have both engine trays fitted, battery cut off switch sorted and tappets adjusted what joy ! dodging the showers, what happened to the summer ?

• 2 months later...

After a quick scoot around the Malvern land rover jumble an afternoon of tinkering with the truck was achieved 

246.thumb.jpg.af3b8275e537e9643ed719461fb87b02.jpg

Managed to get the catches sorted out for the trap door in rear floor a fiddly job I'd been putting off. 

248.thumb.jpg.f0c6d4b9e03d3cc6a4d343c5ccc1a177.jpg

249.thumb.jpg.2ad9782985f2fa535b2dcc152b2b4e63.jpg

Then painted a patch of "gas detection paint " on the bonnet. 

247.thumb.jpg.72f869e928b36d0a0a617c043f22358c.jpg

Looks rather light in the pic but ok in daylight .