Bedford MWD restoration

You'r stil going strong Jeremy.....;)

I have collected some of the plates as wel from Rippo last Friday in Amsterdam.

It was nice to see a face behind it al now....and the plates are wurth it.

Keep us up to date....:cool2:

Cheers,

Louis

• 2 weeks later...

Few more hours spent on the Bedford today doing cab floor boards MKII

100_4612.jpg

Using the three pieces of ply as templates made it a tad easier to make the correct two plank panel.

100_4613.jpg

Bit of fettling and fitting of three cleats underneath and they are ready for paint.

My Xmas present has also arrived, its a new wiring loom for the MW from auto sparks and looks the dogs do dahs :-D

Great to see the progression here, looking well on track to be ready for the next show season

Thanks but not sure about being finished by next summer as there is so much left to do and as I am still looking for a set of correct pattern tyres and have the canvas to source along with all the other jobs realistically I'm looking at summer 2016 as I want time to sort any gremlins and check its reliability plus my work situation at the mo is such that I am struggling to find the time to push this project on and my wife reminds me that it is a hobby this restoration lark and it pays to have a realistic finish date. Also this may turn out to be the last resto I do for a while as I intend to enjoy my spare time maintaining and using the vehicles I already have rather than dive into another project, mind you saying that I know where there is a nice lightweight just crying out to be rescued :nut:

Edited by rampant rivet

What do you do on the living room floor when the wife's out for the evening ? well you start sorting your new wiring loom out of course :cool2:

100_4617.jpg

With help of the cat :nut: !!! must say that it looks really good can't wait to fit it to the truck, now its labelled up so I'll roughly know which bit goes where.

Edited by rampant rivet

What do you do on the living room floor when the wife's out for the evening ? well you start sorting your new wiring loom out of course :cool2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99172[/ATTACH]

With help of the cat :nut: !!! must say that it looks really good can't wait to fit it to the truck, now its labelled up so I'll roughly which bit goes where.

I fitted an Autosparks loom to a MW, very satisfying and looks smart under the bonnet.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a lot to report at the mo except to wish you all on the HMVF inc lurkers :cool2: a very happy Xmas especially to my father who's just past his 80th Birthday :-D I know he follows this thread along with his mates :wave:.

Will prob get down to the truck on Sunday for a few hrs for a bit more fettling not sure yet what I'll be doing, maybe sorting the captive nuts for the windscreen bckts depends on weather.

100_4637.jpg

Only managed a bit of undercoating on various parts.

Edited by rampant rivet

• 2 weeks later...

Its getting there slowly Wayne :D the prop shaft is now on plus headlight wiring loom and the last cab floor panel. Am about to sort the timber framing for the rear floor / body will have to talk nicely to my joiner who will run the timbers out to size ready for me to start. how's the piggy ?

Hi Jeremy

HNY and I hope you and Caroline had a nice break :D

I regret that I didn't get to do any of what I had planned to do on the Piggy over the Christmas break.

I ran her up once and that was about it.

The family commitments and the weather hampered my plans.

You are the right guy for the joinery perfection on yours that's for sure mate!

I managed to acquire some small bits and bobs of parts, but nothing juicy.

I need to collect those more interesting items from Clive in the near future ;)

I need to borrow a trailer or a flat bed with a Winch! :-X:D

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the timber for the rear body floor on Friday and have given them an undercoat and went to the auto jumble at Malvern today and found a new vacuum advance unit for the dizzy and a decoke engine gasket set along with some other odds n ends which I didn't know I needed inc a nice lucas turn switch :D happy days .

• 2 weeks later...

Good day down t'shed today though it was cold with snow showers which was fun Not !

100_4666.jpg

Not too difficult though its a matter of measure twice cut once.

100_4667.jpg

100_4670.jpg

Starting to look like something.

100_4671.jpg

Just to check all is ok, now I need to make the packers and the right angle brckts that secure the rear cross members and the chassis rails to the rear of the cab.

Sorted my jack handle find at Stoneleigh :-D

100_4672.jpg

Edited by rampant rivet

Another day at it and have managed a second coat on the rear floor frame

100_4675.jpg

100_4673.jpg

Have made the packing pieces to go under the frame and these got a coat too along with the rear cross member.

100_4678.jpg

Also made a MKII timber cross member to fit to the bulkhead as the first attempt was not correct.

Looking good Jer

Very nice :D:D:D

Another day at it and have managed a second coat on the rear floor frame

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101426[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101427[/ATTACH]

Have made the packing pieces to go under the frame and these got a coat too along with the rear cross member.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101428[/ATTACH]

Also made a MKII timber cross member to fit to the bulkhead as the first attempt was not correct.

Hi Jer

Am i up for a run in the woods this year you ask ....You bet me ole son , let me know when you think we should go and see the forestry and get it sorted and i will meet you over there . Are you still up for the other side of the forest and maybe a bar b q and a night out :D:D:D

Pete

Hope the new toy will be here :cool2: its different Jer

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to find some time to start making the runners for the seats

100_4846.jpg

started off with a length of this industrial trunking then

100_4848.jpg

cut it down lengthways and

100_4849.jpg

then formed this joggled edge to end up with something close to this -

100_4774.jpg