Queen Mary trailer spotted

Queen Mary trailer in use as a bridge near Alconbury:

AQM2.jpg

I went that way today and didn't spot this, I am still looking for a front end for my Queen Mary in the yard, can't believe this one might be within 20 miles ! you couldn't pm me with the exact position so I can go an have a look?

snort, If you're looking for a front end you could try the one at Wickenby if it's still there. I enquired several years ago and the result was positive but was too much for me to undertake. I'd hate to see one chopped up but if it means you making a restored one then icon14.png

There's a bit of info on my site http://www.rafmtd.co.uk/restoration/restoration.html

snort, If you're looking for a front end you could try the one at Wickenby if it's still there. I enquired several years ago and the result was positive but was too much for me to undertake. I'd hate to see one chopped up but if it means you making a restored one then icon14.png

There's a bit of info on my site http://www.rafmtd.co.uk/restoration/restoration.html

Now that's really interesting too, many thanks for that.

I may already have a phone number for that one but its great to have that extra info.

• 6 months later...

If anyone is interested the Queen Mary trailer at Wickenby is most definately for sale !

I have taken photos from several angles to show it's current state. It was dragged out of the undergrowth, but the front drawbar broke away, but we have kept all the parts. As you can imagine it's in a poor state and will require extensive restoration.

The local scrap dealer wanted to cut it up and take the steel, so this could be the last chance for it. the airfield owners want it removed, but would really like it saved by someone. Unfortunately we don't have the time to restore it ourselves, otherwise we would love to keep it.

Photos will follow on Monday when I'm back at work.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can certainly save the neck and some of the front end as that is all that's missing from my trailer, however I suppose it should go first to someone who can save it all.

If not put me down for the neck and possibly a few bits of the rest......I can collect:-)

• 2 years later...

I hope someone in the UK is saving this QM trailer?

http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/view_large.php?ad=80627&cat=7

Although it's been shortened, I'm sure it can be used for spares, as such, or restored - last thing it needs is scrapping!

Queen Mary Trailer

img_10158.jpg

Queen Mary Trailer for sale, rear 24 feet with all its Ramp. 1 new spare wheel, make good display, take 2 Jeeps in the back. Last chance offer before the scrap man cuts it up, £350.

01353 776197

Steven Carter

I hope someone in the UK is saving this QM trailer?

http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/view_large.php?ad=80627&cat=7

Although it's been shortened, I'm sure it can be used for spares, as such, or restored - last thing it needs is scrapping!

Nobody seems to want it although it will be a shame to cut it. However it will be scrapped soon as its in the way.

• 1 month later...

Is this still surviving, suggest ring a few aviation museums as such are very useful for transporting items .

Try also SpitfireSpares maybe.

War in the Vale place at Evesham, Wings museum, etc,

James at the Sawmills at Clevedon,

BOBC

Nobody seems to want it although it will be a shame to cut it. However it will be scrapped soon as its in the way.

Is this still surviving, suggest ring a few aviation museums as such are very useful for transporting items .

Try also SpitfireSpares maybe.

War in the Vale place at Evesham, Wings museum, etc,

James at the Sawmills at Clevedon,

BOBC

I think everyone knows about it , its just they don't seem to want the transport cost.