K9 Bits Wanted

Ian Dunn

Does anyone know where we can get an Austin K9 fuel sender unit(or one to fit) and a Speedo cable(or one that fits)???

Thanks

Ian

It's based on the Austin Lodestar (a standard 1950-ish lorry), so I suspect it would have been a standard part for many vehicles. Classic Truck rallies?

On a tougher note: Has anyone got a spare cable port for a K9 radio body? There's a broken one on Ron's truck and I wasn't quick enough when that airfield control tower conversiuon was being scrapped last year. Just need the outer section (flange and lid part).

Chris.

Ian, I have just fitted a classic mini van sender unit to mine, £16 off ebay, you will have to solder the old float, and arm to the new one to get the right length, and bend it to suit, as the mini van one must have been side mounted, and the K9 is top mounted. seems to work OK on mine.

I am also looking for a inner speedo cable, or inner and outer, if you find a supply, or someone that makes them.

Cheers

Peter Smith

Re speedo cable,I had a duff one when i bought the morris PU. Give them all the info ie size of thread connectors, drive dog size and shape, length and speedy cables should be able to sort you out. Did a cracking job with mine.If your original does not have a greaser and it can be concealed its worth having one put in (thats why mine packed up originally)Regards Tim

Does Any no were I can get a oil filter for my k9 please?

And the tent poles that go on the sides?

Regards bill.

The poles that go in the side racks are to make up 2 x 36-ft aerial masts. The ones for the penthouse are stored in the "coffin" on the front of the box body along with the plasticised canvas tent sheets.

Chris.

The correct oil filter is a FRAM CH-869PL1, you can still buy them trade. I've got about a dozen if you get stuck.

As for penthouse suite poles they are quite rare, though depending how the sale goes of my K9 (when I get chance next month) I might sell the penthouse suite separately.

• 2 weeks later...
Re speedo cable,I had a duff one when i bought the morris PU. Give them all the info ie size of thread connectors, drive dog size and shape, length and speedy cables should be able to sort you out. Did a cracking job with mine.If your original does not have a greaser and it can be concealed its worth having one put in (thats why mine packed up originally)Regards Tim

Thanks for the recomendation Tim, I sent My old inner and outer off to Speedy Cables, and they made up a new inner for it, £18.50 + vat +post, and a very fast turn around.

Cheers

Nedsmith

Hi, I bought the oil filter to only relize the one on my k9 is a sealed canister one?.

Should I nuts soak my one in petrol for a day or 2? To clean it out, or does any body no were I can buy the whole sealed one from?

Bill.

Bill, by canister one, do you mean you screw the whole thing off and throw it away, (if so you need to know the diameter for the sealing ring at the top, and the thread size) or is it the canister type like the Bedford, with a pipe in the top and bottom, are there any numbers on it, a picture might help.

cheers

Nedsmith

Hi Ned it's the same as my bedford Ql the whole thing is sealed there is to brass fittings one above the other?

Bill.

Bill

I have a 1953 K9, and it has the normal cartridge filter, do you know if the engine has been changed for an earlier one, the cartridge system is a full flow system, where the earlier type like yours is a by-pass system, which just filters the excess oil, and returns it to the sump, which may be a type fitted to the earlier Austins, I am sure someone more knowledgeable than myself could give you an idea when they changed over, and what filter you need. (is it identical to the Bedford, if so you shouldn't have any trouble getting one).

Cheers

Nedsmith

• 1 month later...