Normandy 2014 Whos doing what?

Wolfy

I can see one or two vehicle/outfit specific threads on normandy 2014 but unless I'm missing it not a general one open to all?

It would be useful to know who's planning what and who can attend. I believe there is an MVT trip but I cant see details. I would really like to take my Jeep as part of a larger group.

Is anyone aware of planned events where the requirements aren't very strict eg - Only British vehicles or only American clothing etc.

I had hoped to go with the MVT to the Etreham site again, but the folks don't want to camp anymore, so we tried booking one of the chalets on site, but the site has changed hands since last time and we can't make the new owners understand what we want over the phone and they don't answer emails, so don't know what to do.

Richard

I will be there along with Joris as we are involved in organising this:

A 70th anniversary VIP event in Normandy, France in June of 2014. The event will consist of:

The world premiere of the documentary film “Eagles of Mercy” at the Utah Beach Museum on either June 2,3,4 or 7th

An exclusive VIP reception at the museum with the director of the film, plus several of the actors from the Band of Brothers TV series on HBO, as well as any 101st Airborne veterans we will invite. There would also be a special behind the scenes tour of the Angoville church and the story of the 101st Medics at the church.

Exclusive access to the VIP reception for Beyond Band of Brothers tour group and War History Online guests and sponsors at Utah Beach Museum

Exclusive access to the showing of the film

Exclusive access to the actors from Band of Brothers for tour group

Promotion of the Beyond Band of Brothers Tour on website and via media (international)

Exclusive access to several veterans of the 29th Infantry Division (Omaha Beach/Vierville sur Mer) who we will be traveling with in June to shoot a future film. They will also attend VIP reception.

Additional evening reception at hotel in Bayeux with actors and tour group.

So we will be there and hope to catch up with many HMVF'ers as possible :)

Edited by Jack

Jack is that itiniary the MVT one or another? It looks great!

Hi Wolfy,

No its not an MVT gig ( I am not a member) but something I am involved in with an American documentary maker - it should be mind blowing stuff :wow:

I shall be over doing the ww2 allied bike tour and guinness record attempt same as 2009 only bigger and will more than likely be camping at Etreham again so we will join you for a shandy or two Rosie

Nigel

Looking forward to seeing you again Nigel :)