Bedford Green Goddess - technical datas?

Roland

A friend has just bought a nice fire fighter vehicle from British Army. To get the new german registration he need all technical datas about his Bedford.

Can tell anyone what is needed ? He only knows:

Registration Mark: 109 UXU

Body Type: FIRE ENGINE

Taxation: HISTORIC VEHICLE

Type of fuel: PETROL

Wheelplan: NOT-RECORDED

VIN/Chassis/Frame No.:RH9392

Year of build: 1957

Many thanks...

Roland

Try asking on here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rsoles/

A good book to get is "The Green Machine" by Hollis & Thompson 1995

ISBN 0 907700 19 5

BTW the green relates not to Army vehicles but to Home Office vehicles that ran the Auxillary Fire Service who used most of these Bedford fire engines. It lists the registration of nearly all their vehicles. But none with UXU. Is that the original number, or was it "an age related" number issued when the vehicle perhaps had a more valuable registration sold off to be put on some rich persons car?

@ clive

Is that the original number, or was it "an age related" number issued when the vehicle perhaps had a more valuable registration sold off to be put on some rich persons car?

Do not know, Clive. I´ve got the vehicle datas from him. He bought the goddess from the British Army Vehicle Disposal in Monchen-Gladbach directly - not from private.

Thank you for links, but I dont like to register at another forum again. About the book I will tell him. I thought, I get the technical datas here. He only needs main datas from engine, vehicle weights and speed etc. Is there no specific vehicle catalouge in UK to find out these datas and put it in here?

I own the book "british military vehicles 1981". In it I found Bedford R- Series GS, Tipper and Tanker but no Fire Engine. If it has the same chassies I take the datas from the book I guess.

Roland

I've flicked through all the other series of those catalogues & couldn't find it. Although some did enter Army service they were built primarily for the requirements of the Home Office for Civil Defence via the Auxillary Fire Service rather than promoted as a military vehicle.

That Yahoo site would be a good place to go. I should explain because it might not come across in translation. It sounds a dubious site but it is a pun as "rsoles" sounds like "a rse holes", but it really stands for R Series Owners & Lovers Enthusiasts Society or something like that. R Series meaning Bedford R Series. But there will be lots of godess people there.