Operation Market Garden 2014” has started planning in 2011 and today appr. 30 persons are preparing this huge, ones in a life time, event.

On Sunday 14 september appr. 600 military historic vehicles will start to drive from Leopoldsburg Belgium towards basecamp Veghel Netherlands. On Saturday 20 september the convoy will take off towards Arnhem.

The convoy will follow the footsteps of the allied forces known as “Hell’s Highway”.

The convoy will be divided in three battalions where one battalion will be a full gear reenactment one. This battalion will operate under military structure divided in four companies e.g. XXX-corps, 101st AB, 82nd AB and 1st Airborne. The other two battalions will have room for all non reenactment participants.

There are also amphibia actions and C47 skytrain jumps planned.

During this week several activities will be organised on the basecamp and in the surroundings. The basecamp is located spot on former Hell’s Highway. You will also have room to visit historic locations and museums which you can find at www.liberationroute.com. Veterans, commemorations, and festivities will be the word in this week.

The organizers are in close contact with the organizers of the ABWO camp at Oosterbeek.

Many Dutch military vehicle organisations and re-enactment organisations have committed for this event and are participating in the organisation.

As this is a huge organisation effort subscription will be possible at the moment that all details are arranged. This is expected to be by the end of this year. As there is already many positive response there will no presubscription for this moment.

Information can be found at www.OMG2014.nl . This website will be restyled by the end of February and will have a CMS to provide the latest news to participants by login. You can also like our facebook page Operation Market Garden 2014 to spread the word.

See you all in Holland !

Operation Market Garden 2014

“Stories to remember”

I would be very interested in this event.

I drove my GMC 353 from Wiltshire to Holland (via the Felixstowe ferry) for the September 1994 event twenty years ago and it still rates as probably the best commemorative event I have ever been part of.

But I think the estimation of 500 Military Vehicles is somewhat doubtful - I'm pretty sure their were 1100 vehicles in 1994, convoying for maybe 13 hours from leaving Leopolsburg to arriving in Nijmegen, which was from memory was around 75 miles. It was an incredible experience to drive 'Hells Highway' in such style and accompanied by so many other WWII Allied MV's.

I really want to make this event next year and i'm sure their will be far more than 500 vehicles participating :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Our group is interested in attending this event, can you give us an update as there has been no further postings for a while.

is there any more information on this event. I have two Dingoes I would like to take. Just not got any more information. please let me know if the organisers are still out there?

• 3 weeks later...
Any update on this event? I've emailed the above address without receiving a reply.

Obviously time is pushing on now and need to sort out things to see if it's a goer for myself.

Try this email address? As they sent an email recently to confirm details

Project70hq@aol.com

Andy