Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

OVERLORD Update:

This year's headline charity is Hounds for Heroes

Open to Public from 0900 Sat 25 May to 1630 Monday 27th

Exhibitors welcome on site from 12:00 Wednesday 22nd to 17:00 Tuesday 28th May

With T&T not being staged this year we are expecting increased demand for pitches - get your application in NOW!

Vehicles - http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/blog/overlord-2013/exhibitors/

Re-enactors - http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/blog/overlord-2013/living-history/

Traders - http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/blog/overlord-2013/traders/

If you are coming as a visitor then check out http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/blog/overlord-2013/visitors/

Exhibitors and traders are strongly encouraged to stay until the end of the show - be aware that Monday will look sparse because most will have packed their tents into their vehicles ready for later travel giving the impression of empty spaces.

If you encounter any problems or have any suggestions whilst at the show speak to someone in a hi-viz jacket and get them to radio me - "Safety Bloke"

We are finalising plans now - pm me if you have any bright ideas!

We are looking to make OVERLORD 2013 the best yet - we can only do that with your help so come along and make your presence felt

Regards, Rob

(The bloke who was too slow when everyone else took a step backwards)

• 2 weeks later...
OVERLORD Update:

With T&T not being staged this year we are expecting increased demand for pitches - get your application in NOW!

Forgive me for being way behind here (yeah yeah, very funny and you really didn't need to say that) but why isn't Trucks & Troops on this year?

Forgive me for being way behind here (yeah yeah, very funny and you really didn't need to say that) but why isn't Trucks & Troops on this year?

Evening Jack :*

From what I can gather from 'others' Trucks and Troops was the National show (which changes and this year is Evesham?) also I have heard that it was deemed the show didn't actually bring anymore visitors to Beaulieu. Now this info was passed to me via a good source and I'm only repeating what was said to me.

Doh! OK thanks Rosie and it makes sense as Evesham seems to have created a great show :)

Whilst I have your attention - are you guys planning anything big for the 70th seeing as you will clearly be a grerat jumping off point.

- except for those of us who live in Dorset :-D

Evening Jack :*

From what I can gather from 'others' Trucks and Troops was the National show (which changes and this year is Evesham?) also I have heard that it was deemed the show didn't actually bring anymore visitors to Beaulieu. Now this info was passed to me via a good source and I'm only repeating what was said to me.

Hi Rosie I think the national show is at Wicksteed park this year http://www.mvt.org.uk/national_show.html plan to be at that show aswell as Overlord ;) Ian

Edited by Ian L

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This is a great show and the Military Lightweight Club are looking forward to attending again this year.

Individuals will complete and submit their forms as usual, but i can't remember how we booked the Club in last year....getting on a bit i presume :red:

Can someone let me know what the process is? I don't want to leave it too late.

Kind regards,

Gordon

Just sent in my forms for the show this year. It will be my first time at Overlord as I have done Beaulieu the last couple of years. Heard lots of good reports though and really looking forward to it.

Hopefully be the inaugural trip of my newly restored Bedford MWR..........if I get a move on :-)

Nathan

Hi,

This is a great show and the Military Lightweight Club are looking forward to attending again this year.

Individuals will complete and submit their forms as usual, but i can't remember how we booked the Club in last year....getting on a bit i presume :red:

Can someone let me know what the process is? I don't want to leave it too late.

Kind regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon

It's our monthly club meet this Thursday so will find out and let you know (unless someone else gets here first!)

Just sent in my forms for the show this year. It will be my first time at Overlord as I have done Beaulieu the last couple of years. Heard lots of good reports though and really looking forward to it.

Hopefully be the inaugural trip of my newly restored Bedford MWR..........if I get a move on :-)

Nathan

Hi Nathan, great to see you got the forms in and I think you will enjoy the event. Hope you get the Bedford finished in time, looking forward to seeing it.

Best Regards

ian (one of the show team)

Hi Gordon, please make contact with Trevor the vehicle booking manager and give the details of club and we will sort from there. It would be helpfull if you can give an accurate number of vehicles (ish) as it will be busy. Trevor can be found at www.vehicles@solentoverlord.co.uk

Thanks Rosie,

Best Regards

Ian

Will do. Thanks for your help.

Rgds,

Gordon

• 1 month later...

I will be there with my tents!!!

First show since 2009 - hope I haven't forgotten how to sell :blush::blush::blush::computerrage:

Not sure what pitch I have yet but just look at out for a good looking chap selling WWII tents :) Can't wait!