Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wartime in the Vale, 22 & 23 June, Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham, Worcestershire

Default Re: Wartime in the Vale, 22 & 23 June, Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham, Worcestershire

Hi Paul,

I'll be there with the TACR-1 again and possibly my ACRT if I get the restoration done in time! Really looking forward to it as its developed in a to cracking show over the years. Lets keep everything crossed for some decent weather!

Cheers,

Paul

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30AG45.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	74264
    Paul

www.tacr-1.co.uk

1967 Land Rover TAC-T 27AG46 | 1968 Land Rover ACRT | 1972 Land Rover Lightweight | 1973 Land Rover TACR-1 30AG45 | 2010 Defender TDCi 110 Dormobile

2. Advertisement

Default Re: Wartime in the Vale, 22 & 23 June, Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham, Worcestershire

Thanks to all those who have registered, over 200 mv's so far.

I'm also pleased to announce that we have another new sponsor, Cherished Vehicle Insurance who are really getting involved & helping us, as they are keen to get closer to customers.

And the number of new allied re-enactment groups continues to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Papav66 View Post
    Thanks to all those who have registered, over 200 mv's so far.

I'm also pleased to announce that we have another new sponsor, Cherished Vehicle Insurance who are really getting involved & helping us, as they are keen to get closer to customers.

And the number of new allied re-enactment groups continues to grow.

Count me in Paul
    Not going to be able to get to many shows this year sadly ( new business ) But will try for this one and Overlord if I can.
    The General will be coming but not sure just yet what will be on the tow bar
    boomboom
    Remember our yesterdays
    Dream our tomorrows
    But live our TODAYS
    Love a lot and trust a few,,,But always padle your own Canoe

Toys Got
    Dodge WC52 Weapons Carrier
    Blank Fire M16 (Now sold )
    M813A1 A M General
    Haglunds BV 202 Mk2 (Now sold)

Toys to get
    Long Tom
    M47 Tank
    FH88
    FH 2000

The vehicle count is now just over 260mv's.

Just had a very nice BRDM-2rkh book in, so that will look good alongside the other GAZs, Kraz, Zils & UAZs & because we've now got quite a few East Block vehicles I will mark out a separate area for them.

The Shorland has just passed its MOT & ready to come.

Just hope it can cope with all those hills on the way

Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AEMI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

Quote Originally Posted by fv1609 View Post
    The Shorland has just passed its MOT & ready to come.

Just hope it can cope with all those hills on the way
    Well done Clive.... I bet you were pleased after all the TLC recently etc. How's the FV1609 getting on. I've noticed the gearbox is....... Nice and Yellow!
    Wayne

1959 FV1611A Humber Pig
    1964 Rover Mk8 FFR (Toastie)
    Arrows 1 3/4 T Trailer

www.hookmason.co.uk
    www.countrybrush.co.uk

Wayne I've come to realise that the primer on the Shorland armour is the same yellow. FV1609 floor is gradually going back in, but the problem is not just fitting the ali floor but the plywood floor as well, then the battery frame, then the battery boxes & then the seat. Once its all back I don't want to see bits I have missed as I keep seeing little bits I have missed then go back over again & dribble a bit on something in an attempt to get at some deep crevice. So it is a cycle of sky blue, lemon, DBG & black touch ups.

So mavbe I will take the Pig to Evesham next year, but the trouble is all them hills. I don't doubt either will make up them eventually but what concerns me is the moronic driver be it of HGV or car that thinks they can bully me into going faster by tailgating. Having to go into first gear often causes recriminations, which I can do without.
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AEMI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

Patience is a virtue regrettably my friend........

If everyone was more tolerant then society would benefit.......
    Wayne

1959 FV1611A Humber Pig
    1964 Rover Mk8 FFR (Toastie)
    Arrows 1 3/4 T Trailer

www.hookmason.co.uk
    www.countrybrush.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by fv1609 View Post
    what concerns me is the moronic driver be it of HGV or car that thinks they can bully me into going faster by tailgating. Having to go into first gear often causes recriminations, which I can do without.
    I feel your pain Clive, had plenty of that annoyance when Forceful was petrol engined, one just has to learn to rise above..

Or dream of re-powering.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drivingskid.gif 
Views:	161 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	75990 see you there!
    Bernard Reeves

Rugged Robin now has his own page here: https://www.facebook.com/Rugged.Robin.tracked?ref=hl

Just love this quote from kmbizal, 'Personally, I think the Scammell is a neat truck. Kinda homely, yet appealing. These are one well-built recovery truck.'

More treats for you guys.
    We've got more traders booked in than ever before, over 60 so do bring some pocket money.

In addition to the four BBMF aircraft coming, I just took a call confirming that the Red Arrows are also going to be with us on the Sunday, admittedly in the excitement I forgot to ask if thats for a flypast or display, but I'm just thrilled that they will be there.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information