Wartime in the Vale, 22 & 23 June, Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham, Worcestershire

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that the South Midlands area of the MVT will be hosting this show again on 22 & 23 June. Whilst its not the National Show on this occasion, the MVT have kindly given us a substantial grant towards our costs.

With all the positive press coverage we've had, we are planning for an even bigger turnout. Ok we won't have as many Champs as last year but I'm sure that as we will also be celebrating 65 Years of Land Rovers we should still reach around 400 military vehicles.

I'm also hopeful that we will have a great display in the skies, as I spoke with the RAF Events Team today ref our application for the BBMF & was told that we are due to have the Spitfire, Hurricane & Lancaster on the Saturday & the Dakota on the Sunday! Nearly fell off my chair when told. Obviously its subject to confirmation due mid-Feb.

Our Landowner Bob James has also been busy around the camp & has just built three more nissen huts to house more displays. 1st one is a new Home Front Display, 2nd for a new RAF Operations room & 3rd is yet to be decided, suggestions on a post card please as they say. (See pic below, but excuse my dodgy cut & paste for the new nissens, will hopefully take a new aerial pic later in the year)

He's also moved the Pickett-Hamilton Fort to the middle of the arena to make for a more interesting battle.

If you've not been before we've got a decent sized arena, the size of a football pitch with a couple of mounds of earth to drive over.

As always we are very keen to include vehicles within dioramas rather than just lined up, so if you are happy to park up with an appropriate group or have any suggestion then please let me know.

For more information please visit the events page on: www.ashdowncamp.webs.com

Registration of Vehicles

Forms for MVT members are due to be included with the next Greensheet Magazine, due later in January.

Non MVT members very welcome.

If you want to save money on postage you can register online at:

http://www.freewebs.com/ashdowncamp/onlinevehiclereg.htm

(though if entering more than one vehicle, its best to use paper based form)

So I hope you can join us & do please contact me if any queries.

Thanks Paul

m: 0779 159 1528

Slide1.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good to hear Paul.

I was getting worried as it is not listed on MVT site events calendar when I looked an hour ago.

Hello Clive,

It was just me being a bit slow & distracted with other commitments. Spent the day at home today just posting on the many sites so should be up on the MVT site soon.

cheers

Paul

I'll certainly be coming.....Last years show was fantastic and the 'old camp' is an absolutely unique setting really , really good ! ......and only just up the road from me too !:laugh:

Thanks for the support, we are very lucky that Bob keeps on finding nissen huts & displays, here are a couple of pics of the new Home Front display & when I'm there later in the month I'll take a pic of rhe Ops room as thats looking good too.

cheers

Paul

Home Front Morrison.jpg

Home Front Kitchen.jpg

For anyone thats not attended, this as got to be the premier show in the country, its 100% plus. We are very lucky that we have members (Bob James) that are willing to make such a great effort to go that extra mile. Well done to all concerned with this event.

For anyone thats not attended, this as got to be the premier show in the country, its 100% plus. We are very lucky that we have members (Bob James) that are willing to make such a great effort to go that extra mile. Well done to all concerned with this event.

Thank you Ray, very kind words, we really appreciate all the support, hope to bump into you at Stoneleigh.

cheers

Paul

Excellent news Paul, will pencil this one in again. Hopefully it's a little drier for you this year!

Hello Smithy,

I owe you & your Dad a few pints, especially after the article you wrote for CMV with some very choice words, so I look forward to seeing you.

cheers

Paul & pm on its way

Hi Paul,

sadly I cant make it this year as it clashes with another show localish to me, however I wish you well, and I echo Smithys words, hope it is drier!!

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark, Thanks for letting me know, sorry you can't join us. At least we coped quite well with the weather/ground conditions & certainly fared better than many other shows. Thanks for your support over the last few years.

cheers

Paul

Hi Pete,

I'll certainly buy you a pint & as for booms the MOD have kindly given us a 2nd live firing 25 pounder on long-term loan so it should noisy enough for you. And we wait to see what else the Garrison will bring.

Look forward to seeing you.

cheers

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hurray, I received an email from the BBMF Ops Officer confirming that the Lancaster is scheduled to attend on the Saturday, shortly followed by another email that the Hurricane will be there on the Sunday, great news for us.

Hi Paul,

I'll be there with the TACR-1 again and possibly my ACRT if I get the restoration done in time! Really looking forward to it as its developed in a to cracking show over the years. Lets keep everything crossed for some decent weather!

Cheers,

Paul

30AG45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all those who have registered, over 200 mv's so far.

I'm also pleased to announce that we have another new sponsor, Cherished Vehicle Insurance who are really getting involved & helping us, as they are keen to get closer to customers.

And the number of new allied re-enactment groups continues to grow.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to all those who have registered, over 200 mv's so far.

I'm also pleased to announce that we have another new sponsor, Cherished Vehicle Insurance who are really getting involved & helping us, as they are keen to get closer to customers.

And the number of new allied re-enactment groups continues to grow.

Count me in Paul

Not going to be able to get to many shows this year sadly ( new business ) But will try for this one and Overlord if I can.

The General will be coming but not sure just yet what will be on the tow bar:D

boomboom

• 2 weeks later...

The vehicle count is now just over 260mv's.

Just had a very nice BRDM-2rkh book in, so that will look good alongside the other GAZs, Kraz, Zils & UAZs & because we've now got quite a few East Block vehicles I will mark out a separate area for them.