Vickers MG Collector

Although I've been a member here for a few years, I've never got to post an introduction. I'm primarily a Vickers MG collector and have a website that covers all of its usage, including the vehicles used to transport it.

My collection includes the hind portion of a Limbered GS Wagon, which was used for the Vickers during the Great War. I will be constructing the fore portion over the next couple of years. As far as I am aware, there aren't any examples of the hind portion available for view, unless someone can correct me and help out.

Thanks,

Richard

Welcome Richard, I'm starting a lsit of questions for you already! :-D

Feel free! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for here in return as I intend to gradually acquire at least a few of the vehicles used to transport the Vickers (over time anyway!).

Richard

OOHHH! Never volunter!! A number of years ago a mate of mine who was also a gun dealer, in Brixton! Had a 7.92 Vikers, it was single shot only , at that time you could have one. One thing I have forgotten, who were they made for in that calibre? As for vehicles, wasn't it anything from a horse to a Series 2a Land Rover?

OOHHH! Never volunter!! A number of years ago a mate of mine who was also a gun dealer, in Brixton! Had a 7.92 Vikers, it was single shot only , at that time you could have one. One thing I have forgotten, who were they made for in that calibre? As for vehicles, wasn't it anything from a horse to a Series 2a Land Rover?

The ones on the market in 7.92mm were mainly made for the Turks and gifted by the British in 1940 to keep them out of the Second World War, or at least favourable to us.

Certainly the list of vehicles is a long one and a few representative examples would be good over time!

Rich

• 11 months later...

Following on from the above, I've recently acquired a 1949 Series 1 Land Rover. I've got some information on how the Land Rover was used with the Vickers but would welcome anymore! I've now got the first and last British vehicles used to transport the Vickers.

Cheers

Richard